Chapter One: Grocery Shopping Ruined.

Un-edited, also this is my first story.

-Harmain.

_____

"But, dad, why can't Laura go?" Annabelle asked annoyed.

"Because, Anne she's not feeling well," her father replied setting his newspaper down.

"For God's sake, dad, she's always making excuses, you can ask Jace!" Annabelle said trying to convince dad.

"I heard Laura had a headache last week too, specifically when you asked her to get the groceries, don't you think that's a little suspicious? Xavier said walking in, taking his younger sisters side.

"Okay, just do it for today, Anne, I promise next time Laura will do it. How 'bout that?" her dad said smiling at his daughter lovingly.

"Okay, I'll do it, but I don't get one thing. You're so rich, and we have maids, and butlers, why can't they do it? Annabelle asked innocently.

"Leave it to Annie to annoy people," Jace said, looking up from his phone and poking his breakfast with his fork.

Annabelle simply smirked.

"Because, I don't want to be dependent, besides I like it when my kids do the groceries," now it was Annabelle's fathers turn to smirk.

"Okay, okay, I'm going now, bye guys. Bye dad," Annabelle said getting up.

"Goodbye, goth," Selene, Annabelle's eldest sister said teasingly.

"Shutup, goody-two-shoes," Annabelle winked playfully at Selene as she shut the door of the dining room, walking down the hall of the Thorpe Mansion.

As Annabelle walked out of the large gates of the Thorpe Mansion, she turned right towards the nearest grocery shop which was opposite of the Stone Forest.

Since the grocery store was so close to their house, Annabelle walked there.

___

As Annabelle walked out the grocery store, along with the groceries, which she put in the Black SUV, that she had told James, the "butler" to bring, since the groceries were alot.

"Madam, would you like to go back in the car?" James asked Annabelle politely.

"No, thanks James, I'll walk," Annabelle said smiling at him.

"Very well," James replied as he got in the car and told the driver to drive back.

Just as the car got out of Annabelle's sight as it turned the corner, she started walking, humming her favorite song.

As she was walking, she heard an ear-piercing scream come from the forest. As Annabelle walked towards the forest to see who, or what had screamed, she saw a couple running out in panic, like they'd seen a ghost.

"Don't go in there, young lady, I'm warning you. Go back to your house!" the lady, who looked like she was in her mid-forties, said to Annabelle quickly, as she ran with her husband.

Annabelle had always been a very curious girl, and so she walked towards the forest.

Annabelle prepared herself for anything, as she walked silently, she was confident as she knew how to fight.

The reason as to why she knew how to fight so well was because, her ancestors used to be vampire hunters. In their time, they had been the best hunters, and had killed many vampires. That was why the Thorpe family was so famous, and respected.

Her father had told Annabelle, and her nine siblings that in the last few centuries, after their family had murdered such a great number of vampires, the monsters had eventually hid, and hadn't showed up since, not wanting to lose anymore of their kind.

As Annabelle walked deeper into the forest, she saw a man's back facing her.

In order to know if he had known what was going on, and what had scared the couple that she had just encountered a few minutes ago, she spoke up, "Hello? I was wondering if you'd seen anything rather strange in the forest?"

As he turned his face towards Annabelle, she froze. She thought she was dreaming. It couldn't be possible. She couldn't believe her eyes.