Chapter Four: Our Broken Pasts.

Annabelle's POV:

"So Luca, where does your kind live? What about your family? What are they like?" I questioned him curiously.

"We live normally just like you guys. By the way, the guy living down your street's a vampire. And, I have four siblings, excluding me. I'm the eldest, after me there's Angelina, Flora, Reed, than Ruxin. My mothers name is Rose, and my father's name's Dominic." Luca replied with a small smile.

"What about you, Anne?" He asked, already giving me a nickname.

"Well, as you already know, I have nine siblings, me being the youngest of them all. I have a twin sister, Annabeth, elder than her is Jace, than Laura, Matthew, Diane, Juliette, Selene, Austin, than Xavier being the eldest. My mother, Evelyn was murdered by your kind right after I was born. That was one of the second reasons as to why my father continued the family business. He wanted to kill each and every one of your kind, to avenge his wife's death. If he finds out vampires are still out there, he won't rest until he murders each and every one of you. That's how determined he is." Annabelle said sighing, "One of the first reasons as to why he hunted vampires was because it was what our family had always been doing. The Thorpe's were the best in hunting your kind. You were a threat to our human race, so we simply wanted to eliminate your people." I explained.

"Evelyn, when I was thirteen, my aunt, who used to be more like a mother to me was murdered right infront of me. I remember her telling me to run away without her. I was ao helpless. I didn't know what to do. I was a coward, and so I listened to her when she told me to run, and that everything would be alright. But, she never came back. The man shot her. When I turned eighteen, I found that vampire, and killed him with my bare hands. He was a disgrace to our kind." Luca stated, anger evident in his eyes, "But things have changed now for my kind. We are sick and tired of war. We want peacw. We have changed ourselves in order to live, and be happy. We want no more blood to be shed. We want to live together enjoying our time. We do not kill anymore, we do mot drink blood, we have learned to change ourselves. We are not the same. We do not want anymore people to die," Luca explained as a small tear strolled down his cheek, and then I did something I never thought I would. I hugged him. I actually hugged him. Both of us had broken pasts, and the reason we weren't killing each other was because we had had enough, we did not want more people dead, we were already to broken. While the humans thought that the vampires did not exist, they were simply hiding from us. Thw truth was that we were all monsters trying to kill each other, not even once thinking about living happily.

I got up and switched the stereo system on, as I switched Juliette's iPod on shuffle.

Even though she listened to cap, we needed something to break the silence.

"You know maybe we can change all of this. Maybe we can change what's going on between our kinds. We can convince them." I spoke up looking uo at the man in my arms, who was looking so broken.

'We'll do it all. Everything on our own.'

The slow song played on as I looked at him, searching for a reply.

'We don't need anything, or anyone.'

He looked back at me, touching my cheek with one of his fingers. "They would never listen," he whispered.

'If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me, and just forget the world?'

I held his hand in mine, as I said, "Listen, atleast we could try. We could think of how to convince them." I searched his eyes which were currently looking at my face with an emotion I couldn't place my finger on.

'Lets waste time, chasing cars. On our own.'

"We'll think about it, Annie, we will. I promise." He replied, kissing my forehead lightly.