Leaving Her - DarkSky1910

Aaron's POV

I had a past, one too full of betrayal for anything good to happen to me. I guess that's why shad chose me. I was selfish and greedy. I still am. But I will never forget the day in the forest, I was only seven, when I left her.....

I dont remember how it happened, but I had been dumped in a forest with a five year old I hardly knew. She had dark hair a Hazel eyes. Her name was Aphmau. We decided to stick together, for safety reasons. We were a pretty good team. By the end of the month we had made a tree house. She was very talkative and funny. She was like a sister to me, she said my black hair and eyes reflected my soul. As if.

I was out one collecting fire wood. When the thought hit me. What was beyond the woods. I wanted to see the world. So that night I slipped into our tree house, while she was still asleep curiosity getting the better if me. I took all the weapons and some of our food. I only left her a spear and a knife. I dashed into the night. My new life awaiting me.

I didnt have anywhere to go. So I had to rely on stealing and trading. I didnt take drugs or anything like that, I wasn't that dumb. One day I was shoplifting a bank. I was doing so well until an old man tripped me up and all the money spilled out onto the floor. I got arrested. Instead of giving me a sentence they forced me to join a military school.

I had been at the military school for about a year now. I was ranked *1*. I had a meeting with general James. I pushed the door open with little effort.
James: Aaron, please take a seat.
I sat down. Well, this was awkward.
James: Aaron, you are top ranked. You are doing very well.
Aaron: You're point Sir?
James: You have been offered a place in the army.
My eyes widened. Was he serious?
Aaron: Sir, I would be happy to accept.
Thats when things started going wrong. James opened his desk draw and pulled out a silver pistol. I backed away. In instinct I pulled out my pistol out of its hilt and pointed the end at him. He kept on coming closer. I had to do it. It was either him or me. I pulled the trigger. A loud bang filled the room. I turned around to run out. Only to see a figure at the end of the room. It wasn't anyone who worked here. They too had a gun in their hands. Guilt washed over me. James had been aiming at him not me. I shot the second bullet. I rushed out if the door and out of the camp. I didnt know where I would go but I would have to go somewhere. I found my feet pulling me to the forest. I looked up. The tree house.

I climbed inside. Aphmau had left. I looked exactly the way I had left it. I sat in the makeshift sofa we had made. I remembered when we had made it. We had had an argument over what colour we should paint it. We coloured it green in the end.

Then I heard a voice. A whisper at first then like someone was next to me. No one was.
???: Aaron, I have chosen you
Said a mysterious voice.
Aaron: who are you? I said shakily
Shad: I am Shad, the destroyer
I froze.
Shad: And I have a very important job for you.

❤💛💚💙💜💖

Hope you're enjoying, and hyped!

❤💛💚💙💜💖

Word Count: 635 Wordssssss