Ch 8: Suit Up

Finished my first story, The Night today! I'm so happy. Anyway, here is a new chapter of TRS for you.

###########

Scarlet's POV

After Andrei dismissed us to do some shopping, the girls and I did just that. We went to multiple boutiques to search for our dresses and accessories. The first one we visited, I couldn't even pronounce because it was too long. Anya and Raven found their dresses here. Anya decided on a silver one shoulder dress with matching dangling earrings and clear lucite heels. Raven picked out a raven black body con halter dress that was almost divided into two separate pieces. The second and third ones we had no luck since the sales associates were looking down on me and Cyan. Magenta cussed them out and Forest informed them of her heiress status, and assured them they her friends would know about their sucky service.

The fourth boutique is where Magenta found her dress. It was a pale pink silk long sleeved body con gown with flower embroidery on the left side. She paired the dress with magenta open toed sandals and a magenta sequin clutch. The fifth one is where I found my dress. It was a red halter dress with a tear drop shaped cleavage window and a slit along where my right leg would go. I got black long silk elbow length fingerless gloves that had a finger loop that went around the middle fingers. I also got black patent leather open toed heels to go with it. I was actually surprised I found a dress that I liked, since I wasn't a dress or shopping kind of chick.

Cyan and Forest were the last ones to find their dresses at the sixth boutique. They were usually the pickiest when it came to fashion anyhow. Cyan didn't like the other boutiques because everything was too formal or wasn't sexy enough, and Forest felt most of the dresses were too cheap looking. Cyan found an aquamarine colored long sleeved cocktail dress that had cut outs on the side as well as being backless. She paired it with black ankle booties and a black statement necklace. Forest selected a gold and black one shoulder sequin dress that had a small train and a bow that covered the strap of the one shoulder strap. She got plain black open toed heels to go with it. After we were satisfied with our purchases, we went to a coffee shop.

Cyan talked first after munching on some cookies. "So, will we all be ready for the big night?"

"Yes," Magenta answered. "I can't wait to avoid a bunch of rich snobs at the buffet tables. They're boring when they talk, but they do know how to pick out food for the most part."

"Shit, I'd rather talk to the sandwiches than those rich bitches. I swear, they think they're better than everyone because they have money! I feel like sometimes we should bust of cap in them. No offense, Forest."

"None taken," Forest answered. "Sometimes, I feel that way too. It'd be nice to talk abut something other than shoes, horses, and private schools. If you want, I could give you a list of the bitchiest ones to knock off."

"Totally irresponsible," Raven answered. "Besides, our main concern is finding Azarov."

I chimed in, "Right! We're going to Paris on a mission, not trying to stuff our faces or having French flings!"

"That's rich coming from you," Cyan said. I ask her what she means. She reminds me of Andrei being my date, and I remind her that he has important intel about Azarov that we can use to help us find him. Now is not the time to worry about a date. We need to nail this bastard- the killer- whoever he or she is before more women get hurt. We leave the coffee shop and get ready to depart to Paris. I'm worried about the impending ball. I'm worried that with Azarov there, the City of Love will be lit up in red- not because of passion, but red with blood.

########

Please comment and vote. The action is coming up soon.