Chapter 13: An Unusual Offer.

The professional atmosphere did not waver despite the cheeriness Dr. Sakaki exudes, after all. Kazama and Lindow are higher-ranked soldiers at best. Director Johannes had noticed the abrupt change in Kazama's pallor, a slight hint of amusement glinted within his eyes. It seemed like their favorite golden boy has his own secrets.

"Yes, Yes. As you can see. We have scouted two people who are a possible match with the new-type god arcs." Sakaki's good-natured smile never wavered, his eyes glinting with more interest with each passing minute. The two veterans in front of him didn't need to be experts in reading human emotions to see that.

"Yes.. but, for what reason would our assistances be required?" Kazama tilted his head inquisitively. He isn't stupid to not possibly know what he and Lindow are needed for right now. The young veteran knew better. But it would be nice to have some concrete answer than to base on speculations.

The immaculate smile on Director Johannes' lips only widened. The opportunity for an interesting event to commence had presented itself on a silver platter. Only a foolish man would pass such choice up! "Would you like to see their compatibility tests, Kazama-kun?" a pleasant, yet unusual offer rang out from the blonde man's lips.

Lindow was surprised at the offer. He turned to Kazama who remained stoic, as if weighing his choices.

'not good. Seriously, he really attracts trouble. Is it a charm of his or two?' Lindow thought, slightly anxious for Kazama's well-being. The young man had been like a little brother to him despite not knowing much about his past.

"How kind of you, Director Johannes. But are you quite sure of your offer? I am just a mere veteran after all." an eloquent smile graced the young man, making him very out of place in this office.

But to Director Johannes, that "princely smile" was nothing more but a trap to get on his nerves, and to implicate him of plotting something. The blonde man could only sigh inwardly. 'this precocious child. Trying to implicate me of plotting something with your words?' He thought bitterly, yet at the same time, he felt quite intrigued with this child's sharp perception.

"Ahaha, Kazama-kun. This would be vital for your assignment. After all, one of them would be in your new team." Johannes' smile did not falter, much to Kazama's discomfort with the new piece of information. "New.. team?" the sentence seemed very foreign to the elegant young man.

"Yes. Kazama-kun. A New Team." an amused glint came from the blonde director, seemingly pleased with Kazama's visible discomfort."..Well then.. If it involves a new team member... I would like to meet them early as much as possible." Kazama chuckled, his nerves recovering quickly enough to retaliate.

"Then that would be splendid! You do need to see how things work in here, Hm?" Johannes' smile turned quite eerie, as if reminding Kazama of his place. He is no prince. He is only a god eater.

The chestnut haired veteran's eloquence did not falter. "How about Lindow-san?" He asked, his charming smile still plastered on his lips.

"Ah.. Unfortunately, We have called Lieutenant Amamiya for other reasons." A victorious smile had bloomed on Director Johannes' lips. He knew he had won this argument. But the true victor is Kazama. For the young man had made Johannes' show his animosity towards him in plain daylight.

Lindow isn't a moron to begin with. The man knows things, despite his carefree, and laid-back nature. And boy, can he sense the animosity between the Director and Kazama. Truth be told, he was impressed by Kazama's eloquence and his refusal to submit to Director Johannes' intimidation earlier.