Chapter 7

//new chapter as promised bruhs. Hope u like//

Chapter 5

Memories

Doctor's POV

The Doctor stood in front of the tall mirror leaning against the wall in one of his many bedrooms. He could never really choose one. This one had bunk beds and bright green walls. He felt silly, trying on bits and pieces he found in his massive closet for tonight. He currently had a long, colorful scarf draped on his shoulders, a piece of celery tucked into his jacket pocket, and a question mark shaped umbrella held in his left hand, his sonic in his right. 'I look very... Doctor.' Yes, that was the word for it. He turned away from the somewhat frightening image in the mirror towards the closet.

His eyes fell upon a well-worn leather jacket, the one he used to wear. The one he wore when he met Rose. He picked it up, dusting it off and holding it up to his now much too lean frame. He had loved that jacket. Never felt right without it.

He grabbed the jacket and laid it on the bottom bunk. 'Maybe...' He thought. He remembered every detail of that day. He remembered when he first laid eyes on her, stunning blonde hair, her smile, her beautiful personality, her confidence in everything-

No. Stop. This isn't right. He had to keep telling himself that. She's not yours. She never will be. She doesn't love you. Why should she? You're an alien in a silly blue box. She's pretty and smart and wonderful in every-. No. Stop pretending.

Rose's POV

Rose sat in her small room in the Tardis, with light pink walls and yellow sheets on the four poster bed. She had told the doctor it looked silly, but he insisted on pink and yellow for some reason. She stood in the corner, squirming into the lilac dress. Ugh. This was pointless. It was just too small, or rather her too big. She turned back to the mirror. She had never quite loved how she looked. Her teeth always seemed too big, her legs too short, and stringy hair that basically looked like straw. She didn't like to think about it much. But little daily reminders always found her. She stared at the girl looking back at her. She thought of Marie, the French girl who owned the dress she was trying to fit into. "She's a size 0, why can't you be?" She taunted herself with questions like that. It drove her crazy, but she sort of knew the answer anyway. Mickey had never been quite supportive either. She tried to talk to him but he just shrugged her off. Which was fine.

Rose Tyler didn't need his help.

Her thoughts wandered to the tall Timelord who kept her heart prisoner relentlessly. Every glance made her heart flutter. She hated that someone could have that sort of power over her. But if it had to be someone, it would be him. After all, he was simply amazing. With his warm brown eyes and his lean frame... Oh, and the hair. Really great hair. Sometimes, when she couldn't sleep (which was rare, with all that running), she'd wonder if he would ever love her. But then she'd stop. Thinking these things would only hurt her in the end. Why should he love her? He was amazing. And perfect. She was vice versa. She was just another stupid ape.