Part III

Healing

"Good morning Merlin" Sophia greeted as Merlin stomped pass her desk. Merlin didn't reply, he continued on his way heading for Arthur's door.

Arthur didn't look up from his computer when he heard someone banged into his office. He knew who it was. No other person would bang into his office without knocking, except Merlin.

"Arthur you need to stop this madness" Merlin barked once he got to Arthur's desk. He stood with his hands folded over his chest glaring daggers at Arthur who was still typing at his keyboard with his eyes glued on the desktop.

Arthur's office was just like the rest, they were all wide spaces, enclosed with walls of glass, transparent only on the inside. Camelot was located underground off a skyscraper, separated and unknown to the rest part of the world. Every office was brightly illuminated. On the wall behind Arthur was a hung a framed picture of the crown queen of England, on the left was another framed picture of the first founders of Camelot, and a calendar opened to month of June with some dates circled with a red marker. Files were neatly arranged on one side of Arthur's desk. At the far end on the office was a huge shelf filled with files and cartoons libelled with the names of their contents, and on the other part of the shelf was a tiny wardrobe where Arthur had previously hung his suit.

"Arthur..." Merlin called in a voice clearly depicted with anger which finally made Arthur to give Merlin the

"what do you want?" look.

"You need to stop shutting me out on important matters." Merlin wasn't sure if 'important matters' was the right way to put it, but he was sure Arthur knew what he was talking about. "Your father is okay with me working here, but you seem to use me only so your purposes, and you don't care about what I think or what I want. You don't want me in important cases, I don't go on special operations instead you make stamp thousands of files all day, that suppose to be Sophia's job. Everyone should stop being pampering me and being worried over nothing. I sometimes think what's the purpose of being here anyway if I can't use my intelligence to do anything. Maybe I should find something else to do when I get my master degree, something that can give me a meaning and purpose" Merlin said in a rush, breathing heavily.

Arthur chuckled. "Merlin don't be an idiot" He said softly

"Then you should stop being an arrogant clotpole!" Merlin spat. His face was burning red out of anger. And was of all Arthur was being so irritating.

" Clotpole? Does that word even exist?" Arthur asked faking a thoughtful expression.

"Better add it to your vocabulary Arthur Pendragon, that's the adjective that best describe you at the moment" Merlin snared. He knew Arthur was teasing him.

Arthur raised his eyebrows in amusement. Merlin was seriously angry. If Merlin called your name and your surname, he was furious and maybe it wasn't safe to joke with him.

"Okay, okay... But why do we have to talk about this now?"

"I don't think there is a better place or time to talk about this" Merlin retorted aggressively.

"Christ! Merlin what has gotten into you?"

Merlin remained silent. He'd love to hit Arthur on the head with one of those files on his table.

Arthur signed. Merlin eyes followed him as he strolled round is desk and positioned himself directly in front of Merlin, slightly rest backward on this desk with his hands stretched to support him. He stood up and walk over to Merlin. Merlin had always refused to where suit which was their dress code. Merlin was wearing denim jeans trousers, a green t-shirt and his dark framed glassed, a strand of wavy black hair hung on his forehead, he looked younger than his age. His beauty was ethereal. Arthur strand at those crystal blue eyes he had fallen far since the first time he saw them.