Chapter 1

I looked out the window and admire the yellow, orange, and brown leaves falling off the trees that were swaying gently in the autumn wind. I close my eyes and imagine myself walking in the leaves as they fall from the trees. I can't the smile that finds its way to my face.

"Here," Bambam, my little brother, placed a cup in front of me and took a seat across from me. He sipped his own coffee then looked out the window admiring the trees as well.

"Thank you," I said as I picked up the cup and sipped from it. Rich flavors danced across my taste buds as the coffee touched my tongue. Hazelnut coffee was my favorite. There's something about it that makes me want to sit and read a book. Or is that tea?

"You're welcome," Bambam replied not looking at me. I raised an eyebrow and studied him. He had dark circles underneath his eyes, his eyes looked blood shot like he hasn't been sleeping at all. His brown hair, which was usually combed and brushed was messy and untamed.

Even his clothing, which always drew the eye, was lacking its color. He was dressed in black jeans and a gray hoodie. I know that the weather looks depressing, but it doesn't mean he should be depressed as well. If I was correct in guessing, which I usually am, then I would say that it has something to do with Yugyeom.

"Everything okay?" I asked, setting my cup down in front of me. Bambam frowned at the window and shook his head not bothering to say anything.

"You're not talking so I'm guessing Yugyeom and yourself got in a fight."

Bambam glared at me, "You can't mind your own business for one minute can you?"

"I can but its obvious when you're acting moody and depressed. You're usually smiling and talking. What's wrong?"

He sighed and returned his attention outside as if something caught his eye. "Nothing."

"You don't have to lie Bambam. I'm here to help. As your older brother-"

"Alright I'll tell you just shut up," he said giving in. "Yugyeom and I got in an argument last night. Some things were said..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Things that we didn't mean to say...the argument got out of hand and I ended up slapping him," Bambam explained, mumbling a little bit at the end.

He slapped Yugyeom? Bambam doesn't do that often. "What was said?"I asked.

"Can you just focus on your own love life and stop worrying about mine?" He asked as he turned his brown eyes on mine. I nodded and grabbed my cup.

"Sorry I'm just trying to help."

"Thanks but no thanks. I just want to get to school and get this day over with," he said grabbing his bag that was on the back of his chair. He stood up, not bothering to wait for me as he made his way to the doors of the cafe. What was going on today?

••••••••••

"You alright?" Jinyoung asked as he ran his hands through my hair. 

I had my head in his lap, with my eyes closed. Laying in the shade of an oak wood tree. We were supposed to be in class but Jinyoung dragged me out here to talk except we weren't talking g much. Well...more like I wasn't talking much.

"Mmm....I'm fine," I mumbled as I opened my eyes to look at him. A frown appeared on his face as he tugged on a strand of my hair. I winced slightly as he removed his hands.

"Don't lie to me Mark, you know I hate it when you lie to my face like that."

I frowned and sat up, running a hand through my hair. "I'm not."

His eyes narrowed, "You're not fooling me Mark. I'm not stupid."

I rubbed my eyes, "Don't go there Jinyoung. I never said I was lying to you. Its not a lie. I'm fine, Bambam isn't."

Jinyoung leaned back against the tree and looked at me, his eyes never wavered from my face as he sighed quietly. "I wanted to bring you out here to talk, not argue."

"Then talk."

He sighed and nodded, "I think we need to take a break."

My eyes widened. It felt like my breath caught in my throat as I bit the inside of my cheek and looked out over the field. He wanted to...break up with me. When Jinyoung started laughing I looked at him.

"Mark I'm kidding babe. I'm kidding don't look so heartbroken."

"Why did you say that?" I ask looking at him.

He shrugged, "Its hard getting a reaction out of you so I thought saying that would help and it did."

Anger rose in me as I glared at him and stood up, then made my way across the land of grass and onto the cement path.

"Come on Mark, don't take it like that," Jinyoung said as he hurried after me. He grabbed my arm, bringing me to a stop. "I was kidding."

I ripped my arm out of his grasp, "It doesn't matter if you were kidding or not. I thought you didn't want to date me anymore you damn jack-"

"Language. And of course I want to date you. I love you alright? I'm sorry."

I shook my head as the bell rang for the last period, "I need to get to class." I turned on my heel and hurried up the path.

"I'll drive you home," he called after me.

I didn't bother to say anything as I hurried to the building. The weird thing about all of these was the way Jinyoung apologized. It sounded like he didn't care. Something told me that he meant to say that,but I didn't bother to dwell on it too long. I had class to focus on.