Chapter 2

I shook it all off. I ran towards where I heard the scream, It was in the woods. I was scared. It always gave me that creepy depressing vibe. It’s like theres something there and my body knows it. I crept through past the shrubby bushes and I watched out not to make sure not to step on twigs or anything that could create loud noises. “Somebody help please!” it was a shout this time, a plea for help. I ran towards  where I heard the voice. I’m sure it was a girl it had a high pitched voice for sure. I stared at which bushes she would be near. That’s when I saw the bushes shake. I looked behind it, creeping up on it slowly in case she would hit me. There she was, cowering behind the bush crying “Somebody help me” I wasn’t sure on what to do. I wanted to run with my tail between my leg. At the same time I felt an urge to help her like any good willed person would.

“Here” I offered her my hand. She stopped crying, but was still sniffing. “I can’t, my foot, I sprained it”

What a pain in the ass this was gonna be. I bent down and lifted her arms around my shoulder. She felt pretty heavy considering how small she was. “Thanks.” She said softly.

I only gave her a sigh. I pretty much half walked and half dragged her out of the woods and sat her down on the sidewalk, making sure I didn’t hurt her leg even more. I can tell it hurt to sit her down. She’d wince at the pain. I didn’t take a good look at her til’ now. She was really tanned like a black person but she had really nice,soft curly hair. Her eyes looked like she was asian.

“Thanks again, without you I don’t know what I would have done.” She said again but it was crisp and clear. She was looking at the sidewalk and and didn’t say anything else. She obviously didn’t want to make eye contact with me.

“So, how did you end up in the ditch?” I asked. I was curious to know.

She sighed “I just got into town and I wasn’t sure on what to do. I saw the woods and thought I looked around, I tripped into the ditch and sprained my legs. I was yelling for about two hours and no one heard me. I was scared to even do anything.” She was sniveling now. I didn’t know what to do so I took off my hoodie and gave it to her. “Um… Here..” I said quietly. She turned to look at me with the tears lightly falling down her tanned cheeks. I grabbed the sleeve of my hood and wiped her eyes. “Shhh… it’ll be alright, I can take you somewhere so you can fix that sprained foot.” While I put the hoodie over her head. It was a big mistake because she gasped at me, Eyes wide with disbelief. I could feel the embarrassment all over me. “What happened to you?” She whispered.

I tried to cover my arms but they were too much, Shoulder to the wrist all over.

“I’m sorry you had to see that but it’s nothing for you to worry about.” I tried to laugh it off but it turned out to be a nervous one. She didn’t say anything while I helped her up. “Hold on.” I said. I pulled out and hit two on my speed-dial.