Chapter 3

I woke up this morning contemplating whether or not it was the right time to call Ryan. Or should I just avoid calling him, and let him call me? I couldn't believe how stupid I looked. Just look at me, I'm cupping a phone in my hand like a fifteen year old girl waiting for some boy to call me. I stood up from the beige love seat that wasn't meeting my fashion standards, and tossed my phone onto the floor. My brain was full of crap, crap that concerned Ryan. I decided to go down to the hotel's grill to release all the steam, I had drifting inside me. I entered the grill, and from the moment I walked in little kids were climbing me like I was some kind of a living set of monkey bars. By the petrifying amount of children, my instincts were warning me it was some sort of Family Fun night. I slid into a burgundy booth, sighing invariably. A red headed girl, probably around seven to ten years of age snatched my hand, and gripped it tightly. Her teeny companion chased after her.The two kids stood there mute, that was until the boy by her side placed Swedish Fish,and Hershey Kisses in the palm of my hand.

"Um...thanks I guess."

They began to ask me every question forming in their minds. The questions spit out of their mouth's like fire. "Yes", "No", "Only on Tuesdays", they were never ending. Out of fear,and annoyance I twisted my neck around, and there it was...Sarah. 

"Crap!" 

What do you do in times like these? all I can really do is Panic! at the Grill.Sarah was sporting the designer bag I gave her for her Birthday, and a black mini dress. 

(Clack!) the sound of her heels smacking the floor caused a chill to dash down the back of my neck, and land in my stomach. 

"Mr. your cute!"

"Kid your too amazing,what is your name." She gave me an odd look, and soon after responded quickly.

"Stephanie...but you can call me Teppy."

"Well red headed Teppy your adorable, do me a favor and call me in twelve years."

She stepped on my toe, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I almost forgot about Sarah. Suddenly a gigantic gust of wind kidnapped my thoughts. The breeze was created by Ryan. 

"We gotta hurry I saw Sarah in the lobby!"

"Too late dude, turn around."

"ugh." Ryan began to fling me around, striving to have me stand up. He could tell I wouldn't leave without a fight. I gave in, and escaped the Grill from the back door. Ryan's car was conveniently parked in the back.We jumped in, and sped off. Between gasps for air, we managed to laugh. Ryan drove a mile away to a lake. Ryan took the tortilla chips out of the backseat while I sat on a tree trunk. He sat beside me. 

"I'm running from girls now apparently."

"Oh so you've decided to relive high school?"

"Obviously, but look at me Ryan I'm hiding from Sarah."

  He knew how I felt. He wanted to change the subject, so he did.

"Uh, hey Brendon I'll trade you this rare heart shaped tortilla for a kiss."

I gave him a Hershey Kiss.

"No not that kind of kiss Brendon."