Chapter One

(Beware, I'm typing on my phone. Unedited.)

As the last bell of the day rings, I quickly push all my belongings into my shoulder bag and rush out of the classroom, and to my locker. I see people leaving school or staying for after-school activities, or practice, only two that I don't have to do. I speed walk to my 2013 Honda Civic and jump into the driver's seat. I patiently wait for my best friends to make to my car so we can head down to the new coffee shop down the street. Unlike Starbucks, Madness has a homey feeling, despite it's name. Madness isn't, well, mad. It's quite calm most of the time. Nearly peaceful. No one from school ever comes here. They're always at parties, or at the mall, or at their best friends house. Or even at Starbucks.

I whip out my book from my shoulder bag, which is Pride and Prejudice, and read until my friends show up. Ten minutes later, the passenger side and back side doors, open and my best friends are in my car, ready to go.

Legacy, also known as Legs, is in the passenger seat, chatting about how Mrs.Brown is an old, cranky bat and how she gives out to much homework. It's true though, she even gives us homework on Fridays, and she's probably the only teacher who does. Justin, also known as Tin-Tin since first grade, gets in the backseat behind Legacy, and is listening intently to what Legacy is saying. I guess this started before they stepped into the car. I close my book, after book marking it, and grab the keys from my jacket pocket before starting the car and pull out of the school's parking lot.

"Who assigns 15 pages of homework on a Friday? I seriously don't like her. It's like she has her own personal vendetta against me ever since sophomore year when I broke her nose with the basketball."

I roll my eyes at my best friends comment about Mrs.Brown. Although I must admit, she is not my favorite teacher. I take a right turn on first light on the road and pull into Madness. It's been open for almost two months and Legacy, Justin, and I are already addicted to it. I'm especially addicted to their Loco Mocha. I can already taste the sweetness of the banana they put in it and the whip cream. In less than ten seconds, my best friends and I are already inside and making our way to the front. I order my Loco Mocha, Justin his Frappe Tornado, and Legacy her Mixed Berry Swirl. All equally delicious, and all equally  delicious.

As I reach our usual table, I see the one reason I come here everyday. Him.

The boy with the flippy, jet black hair, piercing green eyes with brown freckles across them, and snake bites. Those are the three main things that I like in a guy. They are my complete weakness. And in top of that, he's genuinely sweet.

I sit in my usual spot next to Legacy and hand everybody their drinks as Justin and Lennie finish their conversation about sports. Typical.

In the few short months that we've gotten to know Lennie, I've developed a little crush on him. A little one. But I know better then to develop anything major. Hell never feel the same, especially with all the other confident, amazonian exotic girls that show up. Heck, he barely acknowledges me most of the time. But hey, I'm Jamie, the boring, sorta moody person who always has her nose stuck in a book. And I'm okay with that. I just wish he would notice me.

{I'm so freaking sorry for the long wait. And sorry for the short update. I'm on my phone and I haven't really had time to work on this. Although I'm coming out with a Tony Perry fanfiction soon. Maybe. But I'M really freaking sorry.}