Awkward

Mikes P.O.V

It has been 1 whole day since I had gotten her phone number, I don't even know if it's a real number. I really want to text it.......you know for the mission......Screw it I'm just going to text it.

"Hi"

I sat and waited in anticipation. Why do I care do much?

"Hello" 

They texted back after a few minutes. I almost dropped my phone. I started to type but then I realized I couldn't sound to desperate. I sat there for a few minutes contemplating my decisions when I was pulled from my train of thought from a slight buzzing in my hand.

"Who is this?" The person asked.

At this point I'm freaking out. I have no idea what to say now. I mean yeah I could just play it cool.....But you have no idea what's going through my head right now. 

"Mike just play it cool."

"It's the guy from the coffee shop, the one you gave your phone number to."

"Eh I give my  number to a lot of guys you'll have to be more specific."

I didn't know what to say. 

"I'm kidding! I remember you, Mike right?" She texted.

"Yes! I mean um yea it is."

I am so awkward....  I can't think of anything to say. I am really bad at dating... After a while I decide to call her. Life is all about taking risks, at least that's what my mother would say. She was the type of person who lived life on the edge all of the time until she had me and turned into a basic control freak. When I was a child she would tell me all about her amazing life and all of the stories I wish to someday tell to my children and I-

"Hello?"

Oh my god! I completely forgot about the phone call!

"HelLo" I manage to choke out.

"Hey, it's Kara. But I guess you already knew that."

A small, but noticeable, smile appeared on my face.

"Hey so there's this ball thing my sister his hosting and I kind of don't have a date, so I was wondering if um, if you could come."

Earlier at Kara's place

Kara had just gotten back to her apartment with the gorgeous man still on her mind. She smiled, let her hair down, took off her coat and placed down her bag, and when she reached for the light switch she let out a slight yelp as there was a person sitting in the dark on her sofa. It was her sister, Alex.

"Alex!" Kara scowled at her sister.

"Sorry Kara, you weren't home so I let myself in."

"You don't have a key."

"I stole yours- anyways I wanted to talk to you about something." Alex said getting up off the couch and walking closer towards Kara.

"Were you just sitting in the dark all day?"

"Maybe, but anyways I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Alex, that's kind of weird, even for you-"

"Kara!"

Kara's eyes darted to look at her annoyed sister's.

"Sorry.."

"Anyways," Alex said through her gritted teeth, " I wanted to tell you that my friend is, well was, hosting a ball. But she got terribly sick, and she asked me to host it for her." Correction. She's blackmailing the original host of the ball because Alex found out that she is cheating on her husband with her ex-husbands sister. But that's not important. What is important is that Alex needs to host the ball so it would be a good distraction for her associates to come into town.

"And so I want you to come."

"Come on, Alex you know I hate that fancy shit."

"I know but please it would make me feel better knowing your there." Another correction. If Kara was at the party then Alex could protect her when, you know, her associates come to town. 

It took Kara lots of convincing and lots of back and forth between her and Alex but they finally came up with an agreement.

"You have to let me bring a date." Let me tell you that Alex is very overprotective of Kara and her last boyfriend ended up with a cracked rib. Don't. Ask.

"Absolutely not!"

"Fine I won't go." Kara said walking away.

"Ughh. I. Hate. You. Fine you can bring a date. But I want to meet him!" Alex yelled stomping off and grabbing the cold metal doorknob to Kara's loft then walked down the hall like thunder in a storm.

Later

I felt ecstatic. I think this was the first time I had been asked out before. Stick to the plan Mike.

"Sure I would love to come. What time? And am I picking you up? Do I wear a tux?-"

"Relax I'll text you all of the details, including my address. See you later."  

Should I tell the chief? No, It'll be fine. Hopefully. With Kara's words ringing in my ears I- Wait her words, ringing in my ears.. Then it hit me! Kara's sister was going to be at the party! This was my chance to get as much information as needed on her. If your wondering why we haven't arrested her yet is because she has people in high places. LOTS of people. Every time we try she is always let out. Then I started to think about her sister, Kara. I took a deep inhale as another small smile appeared on my face. Am I starting to feel something for this girl? We literally just met I can't believe this. I'm hoping I find all of the evidence needed to prove that this woman is innocent. This woman. This woman. 

I smile again.

A/N

I am so sorry for not updating forever. I have just not been the flow you know? But anyways I'm back and hoping to update lots soon.

bye.