2.

The celebration sure was fun. You got a bit more comfortable with them so even the first real conversations started. There was just one downside to all of this. You consumed about half of the amount the others have, but you simply werent used to it like them. The result was Dante and Trish being still somewhat close to being sober, Lady who just recently showed any signs of getting drunk and you being extremely drunk.

As the amount of alcohol in your body increased so did your courage. Unlike before you did get yourself to talk to them more. You asked them about what they were doing and what kind of experiences they already made. Some of their answers did surprised you. Like hearing that Dante was impaled more than just once and still somehow survived. Lady revealed to you that she in fact, killed her own father. The story you were told about Trish, mentions her being created by another demon named Mundus.

The more you heard from them, the more you thought you aren't cut out for the work here. Each of the had gone through some serious shit while you just had a rather normal life until the demons came.

"(Y/n), quit frowning and have some more fun. Here, take another drink."

As much as you already know, that you were way beyond the point of what you should have consumed on alcoholic liquid, you did not care for it much and threw the shot down your spine.

"Your handling it better than I expected, kiddo. Thought you would be out an hour ago, but you sure seem to have some talent in store."

Not trusting your voice to get any decent words out, you simply gave him a thumbs up.

"I like him. Good catch Lady."

"He sure is one, but not my type. How about you Trish?"

"Have to agree on that. But if he fights half as good as he can drink, he will be doing fine."

You were flattered by their statements, but at the same time, your mind when somewhere else. The boy Nero. What did he think of you as he first saw you. His reaction seemed like he didn't think that well of you in the first place, but you silently hoped for it to be better than expected.

You heard some snapping sounds and it took you a while to realize the hand snipping in front of your face. As your senses came back you were met with all of them staring at you.

"Hey, you alright (y/n)? Are you sleepy or where you lost in thoughts?"

"Sorry, later one."

"Well is there someone special you were thinking about or what?""

"Of course not."

If your face wasnt red enough from the alcohol, it sure was now. You facepalmed yourself in thoughts and thanked Dante for asking such a question.

"Ok, if dont want to talk about her. Afraid she ignores you when Im around, right? Trust us, we arent going to tell someone."

You were too embarrassed to talk about it now. Before this got even more embarrassing for you, you decided to get away from this conversation.

"I think I've had enough. Ill be heading off to bed. Anyplace where I can sleep?"

"Upstairs, the last door on the balcony. You shouldn't miss it even in your drunken state."

You nod and stood up from the couch. Having forgotten how your sense of balance was of balance, you nearly crashed onto the table. Luckily you cached yourself in the last moment. Lady, who sat on the couch you were on just seconds ago, jumped up trying to catch you, but you waved her of. You told her that everything was fine, you just overestimated your ability to walk upright now. Waving at the group, you left with shaking legs and a walk that clearly showed that you did nearly knock yourself out with the booze.

To say the way upstairs was easy, was not what it really was. You were constantly fighting with your body, so that it wont crumble. Dont know how long it took you to get upstairs, but you felt relieved that you did it. Now the only thing keeping you from some good sleep was the balcony in front of you. Slowly you walked toward, with at one hand on the wall for some support. As you were almost there, the joy coming up, was enough for you to lose focus and your legs gave in. With something you felt like sounded a loud crash, your face met the floor. All efforts to stand up by yourself where in vain.

Thats when you heard a door opening. Since it was somewhere behind you, you couldn't see who it was, but you were pretty sure it was the boy called Nero.

"Stupid group of idiots. They should have known that a normal human does not stand that much."

With that he sighed, and you heard steps coming closer. Than it changed so that the movement of some fabrics where heard, until you felt something trying to pull you up. Realizing what's happening, you wanted to push yourself of the floor, to help him. But he had you up before you could even realize it. He pushed one of your arms over his shoulder while he put one of his behind your back, trying to support you to stand somewhat upright. He then led you the small distance, keeping you from the room and the bed. Once you two arrived, he let you slowly fall onto it. Without a word he turned and wanted to leave the room, as a small thank you came from you before you drifted of to sleep. A little smile crept across Neros face as he left the room.

Outside he was met with everyone gazes on him. Some of his anger made its way out of his mouth.

"What?"

He simply when back to his room, without waiting for an answer. The three older devil hunters quickly got a new topic for their talk.

"Girls, is there something in my eyes or did the kid really just smile?"

"Definitely a smile. But I want to know why? Did (y/n) say something weird to him?"

Trish and Dante talked about it some more, as a special thought crossed Lady's mind. She would bet anything, that the boy (y/n) could get Nero out of his shell of anger and disappointment and get him over his old girlfriend.

"Lady, you looked like a devil just now. What did you think about?"

"Nothing, bad Trish. Trust me, its nothing bad."