Chapter 3 "you win some, you lose some" by Fluttershy

"Oh believe me darling I know..."

Did she really? But how? I really wanted to ask, but I was too scared.

"y-y-you do?"

"What was that darling?"

"You d-d-do?"

"Huh? I'm afraid I couldn't hear you dear!"

"You Do??"

I quickly covered my mouth. I was being way too loud. Oh I really wouldn't want to disturb anybody! I would hate to bother them!

"Oh you're fine darling!"

Rarity laughed

"Of course I do! I wish I could eat as much food as Pinkie and Rainbow and not gain weight!"

"But you're not concerned with being as thin as them?... I'm sorry I should be quiet"

"Oh Fluttershy dear, it isn't about comparison. We all have different builds sweetie, not all of us can be the same! I have to admit, sometimes I wonder how Sunset has such a perfect body without trying!"

I nodded

"But I've found"

She continued

"If we accept we're all different, and not meant to be the same, it's easy to not be jealous. We can all still be beautiful and be different darling! And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you can let it go and just enjoy your friend's company."

She did have a point. I took a deep breath.

"I'll give it a try"

She smiled.

"I'm glad to hear that"

I smiled back.

"We might want to hurry though, we wouldn't want to miss the archery event!"

I picked up the pace clutching angle closer. I could see the rink where Sunset, Rainbow, and Applejack were all suited up waiting for the tournament to begin.

"Remember the cheers I taught you?!"

Pinkie was exuberant. She bounced in place with excitement. I gulped.

"Uh.... maybe"

"Great!, then let's PARTYYYYY"

An announcer stepped up to the podium.

It was Pixel. This might be interesting because not to be rude, but I don't know if she knows much about archery. I know I don't.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Please welcome our contestants!"

About 50 people stepped forward.

"The rules are simple, it works like knockout"

Knockout? That doesn't sound safe!

"The first archer has a chance to make a shot. If they miss, the next person steps up to also make a shot. They can shoot as many times they need till they make it, but if the person behind you makes it before you do, you're out! If the archer in front makes it before the second, they are still in and move to the back of the line. Only up to 2 people on the field at a time!"

Ok I didn't understand a word she said. I was too busy worrying about everything that could go wrong. I mean, they're BOWS AND ARROWS, playing knockout.

"On your marks, get set, GO!"

First up were Timber Spruce and a girl I didn't recognize. She notched her arrow in place and aimed. But as she released, she closed her eyes. The arrow went askew and started heading ... RIGHT FOR ME