7

Aaliyah Haughton
(4 days later)

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I rolled over nearly falling off the bed to reach it. I slid it up to my ear.

"Yeah?" I said with a raspy voice.

"Hi, Mrs. Haughton, this is Dr. Raymond from St. Thompson's Hospital. I'm calling in regards of Lisa Lopes." He said.

"Mhm."

"I just want to let you know that she managed to pull through. She's just in coma for now." The biggest smile was on my face.

"How much longer will it be until she's no longer in a coma?"

"I'm not sure exactly. But I can tell you that it'll be less than a week. She's a very strong woman."

"Yes she is. And thank you Doctor."

"Anytime. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call."

I hung up the phone and sighed.

"Who was that?" Bey asked me.

"Lisa's doctor." I put my phone back down.

"What'd they say?"

"She's in a coma. According to him, she'll be out of it in less than a week."

"See, baby, what did I tell you before?"

"Shut up."

I figured I'd just get up and start my day instead of falling back asleep. I did my morning hygiene. Then went back to the bedroom.

"You hungry?" I asked Bey.

"Mhm." She said with her eyes closed.

I made Bey some pancakes and eggs. Then put them next to her on the nightstand.

"I put it next to you so you could eat it when you're all the way awake." I kissed her forehead.

"Headed somewhere?" She opened her eyes a little.

"To the hospital." I slid my feet into my sneakers.

"I'll call you if I need anything." Bey yawned.

"I love you, BB." She was now asleep.

————————————————————————

I sat in the chair next to the hospital bed. Lisa had mask on to help her breathe. There were IVs in both arms. Her fingers would twitch a little every now and then. The doctors didn't believe me. But I know what saw.

"Lisa, honey, I know you can hear me. The doctors think I'm crazy. I should've called you that night and told you that her crazy ass stabbed Bey so you could at least be prepared for her. But you know...I had to get her to the hospital and shit. What else? Oh yeah. I'm going back to the studio next week. If you're not still out of it, I'd love for you to come with me. I guess that's it, baby. Love you LiLi." I kissed her forehead. Then turned around to leave.