Chapter 1

Unedited

"El! I need your help now! Go get Daddy sweetie, Mommy will be right here. Go!" Tears welled up in my eyes, taking in the scene in front of me. My mother's whole tail was gone. There was a blood trail where the shark took off with it.

"But Mommy, that shark will come back!"

"Come here." She beckoned me forward and swept me up in a goodbye hug.

"Never say goodbye," she began.

"A-always say s-see you later!" I finished, new tears slipped out as I swam as fast as I could towards the palace. Just as I reached the gates, an ear-splitting scream raked the sea.

"No! Mommy! My mother's dead! Go kill that shark, do something!" I screeched, trying to escape the gripe of the guards. I finally broke down, sobbing in a heap on the sea floor. An additional swish of a tail joined the original three. My head shot up, only to see my stepsister, Mira, looming over me.

"My mother is dead." I glared at her as she laughed, ready to lung at her throat.

"Oh believe me. I know. After all, it is my baby that took her life."

I jumped on her, slamming my tiny fists anywhere I could. Mira cackled with glee at my attempt to hurt her and threw me back. Slowly, she unsheathed a human knife. My eyes widened in horror.

"Now, MY Daddy will have more time to spend with me! With Debbie gone, you're the only one standing in my way." She raised the knife and brought it down.

"AH!" I woke up to curious faces staring me. Catching my breath, I muttered quick hellos to my bunkmates and swam down to brush my teeth, which was really no point me being a Siren, I become a beast when I eat. My claws grow to the perfect size and length to skin and/or tear apart a fish, my eyes turn fully black, and my teeth sharpened and lengthened themselves to accommodate the tough flesh of the fish. Basically, I'm turned into a horrifying monster when I see a particular fish I want or when it's dinner. When I'm not a disgusting animal, I've been told I'm more attractive than most other Sirens. My blonde hair went just past my waist in shiny waves, complimenting my sky blue eyes. My tail was a stunning shade of purple that most of my classmates were jealous of. I honestly don't care. I wouldn't care if I was ugly. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm a mini me of my mother. Every little detail about my looks was from my mother. This is why I don't have any mirrors in my reef. Especially knives. I own no knives and neither do my roommates. Those memories are too painful. It was better to live with no emotion. The meaning of some emotions had escaped my mind that night. That horrible night.... No. No emotion. That was twelve years ago. I was six. I'm eighteen now and I can keep my emotions in check.

Snapping back to reality I picked up my brush and ran it through my hair until I was satisfied. I didn't do anything else with my appearance so I went to go sing on my favorite rock. Eventually, my roommate Sara came up to tell me school began in five minutes. Woo.

"Kay, I'll be there in a sec."

"Don't take too long." My eyes fell upon the ship that was sailing this way when Sara left. Oops. Sometimes I accidentally summon humans. I didn't know what to do so I quickly dived underwater and headed to my school.

"Ms. Gardon!You are two minutes late. Detention!" Ms. Fize waved her ruler around in the air. Oh no. Detention, again. Fourth time this year. Yay, if I get one more detention, I get suspended. Next time I get expelled. If I get expelled, no college for me. Big whoop. The bell rung three hours later, signaling the end of school. My teacher approached. "You are very lucky Elisa. The king has requested your audience. Be grateful." Nobody had any idea that their precious king was my father. Nobody was told because the king was not supposed to have children, which was bad for Mira, so if the chosen king had any children, the oldest was killed and the others were forbidden to ever speak of it unless in private with the king himself. I quietly closed the door to his office before tackling him in a hug.

"I missed you Father." I whispered quietly into his neck.

"I missed you more Honeybun."

"Father, might I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Why weren't you at Mother's send off?"

AN So what do you guys think? What should I name her dad? I'm in line at Knott's Berry Farm for the Ghostrider! I'm so pumped, last time I came here(which was my first time at Knott's Berry Farm) it wasn't open and I was sad. I just rode the Boomerang. I've also had a couple of coffees. Bai Bai now!! :-)