6) a new friend?

I’m in my living room with Ethan. After I told him about my past… well part of it, we moved to the couch in the living room. Luke is staring at me weirdly, kind of like in a disgusted way.  “Ethan what’s wrong?” I ask him. He starts laughing. “Oh Taylor, you’re so gullible. You actually thought that I would stay with you after I heard about your past. I’m disgusted by you, you’re right. It should’ve been you who died. I was just going to pretend that I care and then all of a sudden ignore you but that would mean I would have to pretend to like you and that’s so hard.”

What? How could I be so stupid telling him my past after I just met him? I forgot about my promise to myself! I promised that I wouldn’t trust anyone except Emma but I failed and look where that got me. “If you don’t like me then why are you still here?” I say.   He walks to the door.  “This is just a dream Taylor. I’m here to warn you about what will happen in real life, this will happen. Prevent it while you can.”

What? This is so confusing! “How do I know that you’re telling the truth? I trust Ethan and he even said I could trust him. He promised!” I yelled at him.  “You know what they say, promises are meant to be broken.” And with that, he walked out of the door.

                                                                                End of nightmare

I wake up and I feel a pair of arms around me. What happened last night? Oh now I remember! After Ethan and I’s talk we went to the living room and fell asleep on the couch. I open my eyes to see Ethan right beside me hold me in his arms.

Was the dream true? Or was it just another nightmare? Should I not trust him and believe the dream and keep my promise or should I not believe it and be happy with him? All this thinking hurts! I need some fresh air! I get off of the couch which was hard because Ethan has a strong grasp and I look around. Everyone’s asleep, good.  I walk upstairs and change into my long sleeved anchor shirt and jean shorts. Then I get my wallet and throw on my navy blue toms. Once I safely got outside with no one hearing me I head off to Starbucks.

I enter Starbucks and look around. There is about 3 or 4 people here but one person catches my eyes.  There is this guy around my age in the corner just staring off into space. He looks really sad and lonely. So I walk over there. “Hi um, I was wondering if you would like some company? I mean you don’t have to if you just want to be alone.” I say. He looks up at me. Wow! He’s cute! OK stop it Taylor! “No its OK you can sit here. I would love some company.” He smiles. “OK but first I am going to order something” I say then walk to the counter. “Hi welcome to Starbucks may I help you?” this girl around my age says. “Um... Surprise me for the drink and then I will take two brownies please.” I love to see the people at Starbucks faces when I say surprise me. “OK one mystery drink and two brownies coming right up!” she smiles. Wow! The first person to actually do that! Look who’s getting a tip 

Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts “one mystery drink and two brownies ready for pickup!” wow that was fast! I take the food and the drink. The drink was a cookie crumble. Yummy! Then I walk over to that guy. “I’m back!” I say.