60.Special Conversation

Hank took his shower, then shuffled back to Connor. He sat on the couch. "Connor," He took Connor's hand. "Can we talk?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah," Connor looked up into his eyes and smiled. Hank pulled out a hair tie and put up his hair. He sighed quietly and looked at Sumo, who was laying with his face on Connor's lap. "What do you want to talk about?" Connor asked.

Hank frowned and set his hand on Connor's back. "Connor... I... Really love you, you know that, right?" Connor nodded, confused at where he was going. Hank started anxiously tapping his finger. "Connor... You're... Absolutely amazing for me." He said, inching closer. "And it's real comforting to know that you love me back, and I have a big feeling that you're never going to stop loving me, because, like, you love me... Right now... And I'm really a mess. I'm a big, unhappy, suicidal alcoholic, and you're so in love with me..."

Connor moved Sumo off his lap and turned his body to face Hank, interested.

Hank looked down, fiddling with his fingers. Connor had never seen him so anxious before.

Sumo barked and jumped off the couch. Hank watched him walk, then turned back to Connor.

He wrapped his arms around Connor and kissed his lips. "I love you."

Connor wrapped his arms around Hank's shoulders and pulled him in, kissing him passionately.

Hank closed his eyes, pressing him back onto the couch. Connor smiled, letting Hank kiss him as passionately as he wanted.

Hank pulled away a few minutes later and gasped, gasping for his breath. He smirked and rolled to the side, curling up and wrapping Connor into a hug.

"So where were you going with what you said?"

"Oh," Hank sat up again. "Yeah, I'm getting somewhere, you're distracting me."

They both sat up and got comfortable. "Does it have to do with presents?" Connor asked.

"Presents?" Hank frowned. Connor shook his head, glancing at Hank's pocket for a moment before looking at his face.

"Oh, nothing."

Hank nodded and cleared his throat. "And, I, eh, ah, I really want to, I've told you this before, spend my life with you, and I thought back to when we met with President Warren... And about... What Markus said..."

Connor tilted his head. "About legal robot and human... Marriages?" He moved closer.

Hank looked down. "Heh. Yeah... You were... Really excited and... You looked like you wanted to get married immediately."

"Only when you're ready, Dear." Connor pat his shoulder.

"I've been married before, Connor, and I, well, I know it's not as glamorous as it looks, you know... It's very... Difficult, and days can be hard, you know? It's not going to be fantastic... So don't expect anything that different, but, huh, my point to all of this is that, because I know we don't need to be with each other for years before figuring this out, we're going to be with each other forever. And..." He got off the couch and bent down, taking out the box and opening it. "How about it? I don't want a big wedding, by the way, Connor... Just... Something small."

Connor smiled. He was so happy about Hank asking, but he wasn't sure if Hank really wanted it right now. He had said before to wait awhile. Maybe he was only proposing so soon because Connor wanted to get married.

Accept?

Refuse?