Chapter 1

*Ringgg!!*

The bell rang and students flooded into the hallways. Ally, who was still drooling on her chemistry book, shot up in her seat and, after realizing where she was, began to gather her books.

She used to be an honors student until a bad breakup sent her into a state of not giving a fuck.

Ms. Mullen, the chem teacher, tapped Ally on the shoulder.

"Did you bring your homework today? Or do I have to speak with your parents again?"

Ally rolled her eyes and continued to collect her books. She turned and walked towards the door.

"I said, do I have to..

"I heard you the first time. And no I didn't. So when you call my parents, you can tell them I said hi."

Ally left and shut the door behind her. She pulled her earbuds out of her pocket and began untangling them for the millionth time. Not paying attention, her shoelace caught on an open locker and she tripped and fell, dropping all of her books on the floor. With a grunt of frustration, she began to pick up her scattered papers. She looked up and a boy handed her chemistry book to her.

"I think you dropped this," He said.

"Thanks..." She said and started walking away.

"I'm Justin, by the way. And you are?"

"Not interested.."

"In what? Answering a simple question?"

"Fine... Ally. Happy?"

"Yeah actually, I'll see you around, Ally."

He smirked and walked in the opposite direction. Ally, a bit confused, started walking to her bus. She walked out the door to see the buses leaving.

"Oh no, no, no. Not today! not today!"

She ran down the school steps only to get a face full of diesel exhaust and loud laughter coming from the Queen of all Bitches and her evil minions.

"Great." she moaned. "This day is just getting better by the minute," she said through extreme sarcasm.

Her house was 4 miles away, and even though she was a senior, her parents still wouldn't let her drive. Her brother accidentally drove her parents car off the Jefferson bridge. He died when she was 5, so Ally found it completely unreasonable that her parents still won't let her drive.

After an hour of walking, it started to get dark. Since it was October, she was really regretting not bringing a jacket. She rubbed her arms with her hand to keep them warm. A car pulled up next to her.

"Want some candy little girl?"

Ally laughed and walked up to the car. It was Drew, her best friend.

"You can save the candy. Can you drive me home?"

"Of course. Hop in."

"Thanks. So why are you driving around here this late?"

"My brother kicked me out of the house for the night. He's having a date night and he needed some 'private time' with his girlfriend"

"Ahh okay. If you want you can stay at my house tonight."

"Really? Are you sure your parents would be okay with that?"

Inside, he was overjoyed, because for the last few months he had started having feelings for Ally. Deep feelings. But he valued his friendship with her more than his teenage hormones.

Ally smiled, "Well, probably not. But you can park in the lot next to my house and I'll let you in my window"

He dropped her off at her house. Ally walked up her front steps and before she went inside, she put her earbuds in. She wasn't playing any music, she just hoped that her parents wouldn't bother talking to her if they knew she couldn't hear them.

She walked inside. Her mother was cooking dinner, so Ally tried to slip past her.

Without even turning around, her mother asked, "where've you been?"

Ally cringed. She turned around.

"I missed the bus so I had to walk home, because I don't have a car, remember?"

"Don't you use that tone with me. I've been worried sick. You could've at least called."

"Sorry.. Look, I'm really tired. I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed."

"We'll talk about this in the morning."

Ally walked into her room and replied, "looking forward to it," before she shut the door behind her.

She opened her window and pulled Drew inside.

"Geez, I thought you forgot about me"

"Oh stop, I was only gone a few minutes. And keep your voice down! Unless you want to get caught."

"Alright, message received."

She put her books down on her desk.

"I'm gonna take a shower so you can do.. whatever."

Drew looked around Ally's room. Almost everything he saw was something they had got throughout the years. Like the stuffed bear he won her at the fair in fifth grade, and the concert tickets she collected, and the birthday card he gave her when she turned 15.

Ally walked in her room wearing nothing but a towel. Drew, not wanting to embarrass her, turned around. The room was silent, so when her towel hit the ground, his heart skipped a bit.

"I hope I didn't take too long. I just couldn't get that diesel smell out of my hair. You can turn around now."

She was wearing a tank top and a pair of boxers. Drew couldn't help but smile.

"What?" Ally looked at him innocently and smiled.

"Nothing. You just look like a dork." What he wanted to say was how sexy she looked and how much he wanted to pull her close and kiss her. All he could think about was her. All the time.

"Speak for yourself loser!" she laughed and playfully punched him in the arm.

He laughed too.

"Alright, I'm getting tired. We should get some sleep."