1 | real life

RECAP—

when daniel finally entered though, luna noticed one thing she hadn't before. jordyn larselle on daniel's arm.

"luna! how nice to see you!"

CONTINUING...

LUNA STOOD IN HER place completely shell shocked.

what was jordyn larselle doing with daniel seavey? especially luna's daniel seavey.

"jordyn, hi." luna greeted through her gritted teeth. luna couldn't help the scowl she knew she had on her face; jordyn had just that effect on her. that type of effect where you grow goosebumps on your skin, and you almost start to shake. but in that moment luna felt more hatred than anxiety or fear, not that the other two weren't present.

jordyn casted luna a fake smile and tugged at daniel's hand while he took off his shoes. luna glanced down to see that she hadn't taken off hers yet.

"jordyn," luna breathed, watching jordyn's eyes glare up at her as though it was a response. "can you take off your boots, please?"

despite the devil on her left shoulder telling her to be meaner, to get revenge, luna remained as polite as she possibly could.

jordyn then scowled and shook her head. "these are designer." she states matter-of-factly.

luna looked at the girl incredulously. "and?"

"fuck, yeah. i forgot. you don't know what it is to own anything designer," jordyn sneered through a glare. "and i wore them for show."

with that, jordyn grabbed daniel's hand and walked off, her heel-boots leaving a light trail of muck along the girls' brown, hardwood floors.
luna didn't spare daniel a glance as she looked at the floor with pure hatred burning in her eyes.

clearly jordyn hadn't changed at all.

•••

"and oh-em-gee, paris– no, france is just breathtaki–"

"you've gone to france?"

dinner had rolled around quickly after awkward conversations had gone by in the living room.

being the 'woman of the house', when kaci had seen the markings that jordyn's boots had left on the floor, she wasn't pleased. luckily, kaci knew to clean it up without making a scene; it was christmas and luna knew her twin was determined to make it drama-free.

"yes! i'd go back too, you should tots come with!" jordyn squealed, smiling widely at nova.

luna could see that jordyn was being fake, kaci could see it, kyla and dylan could definitely see it and so could the majority of the boys. so why were ariel, sabrina and nova playing along so nicely? luna was almost afraid they'd fallen for her antics; though she was more scared for nova than any other girl.

nova smiled delightedly and dropped her fork. "for real?"
jordyn nodded, "one hundred percent! i can already tell i'm fitting in so well with you guys!"

her mock excitement made luna feel sick. but what made her feel worse was the idea of jordyn getting the better of luna's friends.