••Chapter 1••

After getting inside making sure his actions were quiet, in hopes to not piss off his mother and get yelled at, or worse, smacked. He slowly walked to his room and closed the door before laying on his bed. He thinks about her, he always does. He can't get her out of his head. She's been permanently imprinted into his mind, the girl who saved him. Yet in the end, he couldn't save her. His eyes filled up with tears once again, for the second time today. This was normal, he broke down about three times a day thinking about her and what happened. That's all he ever thought about now. He thought about how happy she seemed.

Flashback

She giggled after he dropped the whole thing of popcorn onto the carpet in her living room. He groaned and mumbled a quick sorry, his face heating in embarrassment. She got off the couch to help him pick it up. "It's ok, we all make mistakes!" She giggled again and popped a piece of the popcorn into het mouth a smile splayed across her lips.

End of flashback

He let out a choked sob and turned over to cry into his pillow. He heard his mom stomp through the hall to his room and slammed a hand on his door. "Shut the fuck up would you?!" He managed a broken and faint "yes mom" Before hearing her walk away probably mumbling on about how much of a disappointment he is. He put his himself down still sobbing but quietly now. She's been like this since his dad died, which was only a month and a half ago. She would drink the strongest liquor she could find until she forgot about her problems. Then, when she was pissed off or just in that mood she would take it out on him. Yelling at him, telling him he's a waste of space and it's his fault for his dad dying. Just like everything else that goes wrong in his life. As time passed by his sniffles got quieter and he started feeling emotionally numb he drifted off to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: Sorry it's short. Next chapter will be longer.