Meeting My Family

I give myself one last glance in the mirror, making sure to check out my body from every angle before heading down to my family. I was dresses casually in a nice short flower patterned sundress. With it's cinched middle it showed off a bit more of my slim figure. I may only be a size 0-2 but I was proud of my small curves. I was also proud of my but too. It's nice and present without being overly present.

Walking down to the family room I plop on to the already filled couch that my sister Jasmine was filling. Looking up from her phone she gives me a smile. "Oh well don't you look cute. Your finally on my level," she jokes. I scoff. "Please. Says the girl wearing my jeans." I eye her up and down, then just shake my head. My sisters and I may be able to wear the same shoes and sometimes the same shirts but we were not the same size bottoms.

Jasmine and Alexis were both around a size 4-6 in dress and a 6-8 in pants. We pride our self on taking clothes and accessories and jacket and whatever else we could fit with or without the other person permission. This especially included Lauren because ever since she found out that my mother gave me size 5 pants for Christmas longtime ago, (I was wondering why they were a little big in the but, good thing they were skinny jeans or they would have fallen off) she has taken my jeans and hasn't given them back. She claimed she's taking them with her back to college.

"That's right. I have to be the cutest one because my mate, whose a beta by the way, is coming over for dinner and I want to make a good impression because he is just so cute and strong and handsome." She mocks in a voice way too high to be my own. I give her a scowl and roll my eyes.

Just as I was about to say something back, I hear the doorbell ring. My heart skips a beat and my chest fills. Taking the steps two at a time a goofy smile manages to make its way to my face which in turn comes to be a full blown smile the moment my eyes meet Jared's. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

Unfortunately I had gotten to the door a beat to late and both my mom and dad where there. Nervously pulling the straps on my shoulders making sure they were in place I introduce my parents. "Jared, this is my mom and dad." Like a gentle man he gives my father a hand shake first. And of course my mother gives him a welcoming hug. Ok so far so good. At least they don't not like him.

"Dinner is almost finished just have to finish making the salad. But you can relax until then."

"Thank you for inviting me into your home Mr. and Mrs. Stevens. I actually forgot that I have some deserts in my car. If I can just run out and be them real quick...."

"Oh you didn't have to bring anything." My mother interrupts.

"Well I thought I'd just give you all something for your generosity." Awww my mate is such a true gentleman.

"I'm telling you, you really didn't have to."

"I insist. It's the least I can do." Mom sighs.

"Okay well thank you very much for the gift. Erica go with him to get the desserts from his car." Quickly dawning some flip flops I do as she ask.

"You know you really did have to go and buy anything," I tell my mate bumping into his shoulder purposely and loving all the sparks I'm get from such minimal contact. He gives me a breath taking grin.

"Yeah well I wanted to make a good first impression on my wonderful mates parents. So tell me did I do ok?" Even though he was really asking I didn't sense or see any nervousness. Well isn't someone confident.

I hold out my hand flat and wiggle my fingers. "Eh... you did okayyy. But you could have done so much better." He quickly reaches out and pulls me close to his chest kissing the top of my head. I loved how he just did it as though it was the most natural thing in the world. I sigh inwardly in contentment before we go back inside with apple pie and chocolate strawberry cake in tow.