Prologue

It was a dreary day, and the pitter-patter of rain sounded on my roof top. I sat alone, barely awake and sipping at my sugary, hot tea. it was about 6 a.m.

I'm Eric, a geek with nothing to do but work. my job as a computer scientist was my life. I was young, single, and basically alone. But that never bothered me. I had family, but even to them, I was always distant. I liked keeping to my own thoughts.

I am twenty-seven years old. I have an IQ of 164 and I am proud of it. Though, I do not boast upon it. Computers and such were like my children. Sometimes they behaved, other times they are stubborn. And they get the occasional virus.

I graduated from Yale when I was 15, with a masters degree in computer science and engineering as well. I can build, code , and even hack into computers in approximately no time.

So yeah, I have an amazing amount of intellect. That's what allows me to survive on these dangerous streets. Brooklyn was always a threatening place to live, especially for such a scrawny guy like myself.

After I finished up my tea, I turned towards the restroom to relieve myself.

I stepped in, urinated, washed my hands. the usual routine. Now I stood in front of a large mirror that cascaded over the sink.

My reflection stared back at me. I had thick black rectangular glasses that rested on top of my nose. I had an oval shaped, tan face and deep brown eyes. My hair was thick, and caramel colored. It flipped up in the front, and it had a bit of a wave to it.

I stepped away from the mirror and cooked a couple of eggs and a slice of Bacon for breakfast. After I ate, I stepped into the shower and cleansed myself. I got dressed afterwards. I wore a yellow dress shirt with a purple tie and Kakis.

I glanced at the clock, and an hour had passed. work started at 8 a.m so I decided to leave thirty minutes before that. Half an hour was plenty of free time before I shoved off to do my daily routine at work.

I headed towards the front door and before me lay a news paper. I picked it up, stepped back inside, and flipped to the crossword. I grabbed a pen, and completed it in about two minutes.

After that I packed up my laptop and such and turned towards the door once again. Boredom took over me, so I decided to walk to work instead. In moderation, it was only a few miles away.

So, I grabbed my things, and headed onto the dangerous streets of Brooklyn.

*******

Em note: Hey, hang in there guys. I know its starting off slow but it will perk up in a bit. read on word and see what adventures await.