Chapter 3

Less than thirty minutes after leaving his house, Atem parked outside the large park he used to meet with his friends and went looking for their favorite picnic table.
Much to his surprise, Marik and Bakura were already sitting there, involved in a heated conversation with Duke about Dice Monsters. Ryou, however, despite having actively participated in their oline chats, had not yet returned from his trip to England, so he wasn't present.
Atem waved, approaching the table: «Hey, guys!».
«Hi, Yugi!», Bakura greeted him back, waving an arm as well, immediately imitated by the other two.
The Millennium Ring, no longer as threatening as it was years before, sparkled silently and innocent in the warm sun, swaying from a thin, gold chain.
Marik squinted at Atem's face as he approached, but said nothing and just smiled. Bakura did the same.
"Did the recognize you?".
"They always succeed on that matter, we know it", Atem nodded silently at Yugi's question, fearing the two could reveal the truth to the others.
However, both the former tomb-keeper and the former grave-robber did not raise the subject. In fact, they suggested the Pharaoh to sit down at the table with them and inserted him immediately into the conversation about Dice Monsters.
Apparently, Duke was trying to convince both Marik and Bakura to try his game, but they were largely skeptical about it and were refusing to play.
«Come on, is fun! You just need a little bit of luck, but damn me if the Duel Monsters isn't all based on luck!».
Marik shook his head at Duke: «How can you say it's all based on luck? If you can build a Deck, you can draw what you need. That's not 'just luck'».
«Say that to the three duels you lose against me because you couldn't draw a good card for your strategy», Bakura replied with a devious smirk.
To answer that, Marik elbowed him, much to Atem and Duke's entertainment.

They sat there, arguing playfully whether or not Dice Monsters was a worthy opponent to Duel Mnsters, but only twenty minutes passed before Mai, Joey, Tristan and Tea arrived, all thanks Mai's car.
She also parked just outside the park, after finding a really good spot, and they all greeted each other with huge smiles.
«So, what do we do before lunch?», Tristan asked, nearly throwing himself on the bench next to Duke.
«And more important, were are we going for lunch?», Mai said, imitating Tristan so she could sit alongside the other two.
Atem felt the urgent need to facepalm as hard as he could.
«Oh gods, we have not decided where to eat!», Marik exclaimed, voicing the reason for Atem's failed facepalm.
As always, the group was so focused on meeting up that everyone forgot to organize the only thing they decided to do on that day.
After a brief discussion in which everyone tried to blame the other, a couple of suggestions emerged from the chaos, but eventually Tea turned to Atem: «Do you have any ideas, Yugi?».
The Pharaoh widened his eyes, taken aback: «M-me?».
«Well, yes», Tea shrugged. «After all, you did invite Seto, right? He's not willing to speak to us, and we don't know what pleases him. Maybe you can suggest something and ask his opinion».
At the mention of the CEO, Joey exhibited himself into his most theatrical and loud groan, only earning a couple of laughs and Mai's elbow in the ribs.
Atem shrugged, condescending: «I suppose I can try. Give me a minute to text him».
Recovering his cell phone from his pocket, Atem opened the private conversation with Seto and typed a short message.
Few seconds later, Seto was online and the two started replying to each other, while the rest of the group sank into a random conversation.

Yugi "Pharaoh" Muto: Hey, Seto? Do you have any ideas about where to go for lunch. We tried a few places, but... maybe you can suggest a place that's good for you too.
Seto Kaiba: I thought you had already decided.
Yugi "Pharaoh" Muto: Yeah, well... if you, for once, would read the group chat, you would know we dind't.
Seto Kaiba: Typical.

Atem could swear he saw him rolling his eyes by reading that word.

Seto Kaiba: Are you at least able to meet in a single place or you need help with that too?
Yugi "Pharaoh" Muto: Seto...
Seto Kaiba: Fine. There is a restaurant not far from there. A ten minutes walk from that park. Sushi and Chinese cuisine.
Yugi "Pharaoh" Muto: Have you already been there?
Seto Kaiba: For work. I can say they are quite capable in their kitchen.