Killing People Isn't Funny, Hoseok

((I'm going to apologize real quick, because unfortunately there is a bit of vhope up ahead, if you squint.

Vhope isn't the main focus of this , I promise. I just included it because it will be significant to the plot later.

This story is jihope centric, and it will end with jimin and hobi together thank you very much.

Sorry for this long explanation thingy, and I hope you enjoy))

“Hyung,” Jimin said across from Hoseok. The van’s seats were not ordinarily placed. All the seats sat facing each other, lining the van walls with a considerate amount of space in the middle of it where all their legs could stretch out comfortably. “Are you okay?”

“No, no, no, hurts. It hurts, Jimin– shit,” Hoseok breathed sharply as they went over another speed bump.

Jimin hurridley moved to sit next to him and placed an arm around Hoseok’s shoulders to support him. The younger held onto the arm that was so, so close from snapping the fuck off. But Hoseok was at least able to breathe easier and Jimin nodded at him reassuringly as he rubbed small circles of comfort onto the other’s thigh. The elder seemed to welcome the touch and had started to calm down as the boy began speaking again.

“Sorry you had to see that,” Hoseok wondered if that referred to all the fucking dead bodies that were sprawled across the lawn outside the house or the fact that he witnessed Jimin land bullets in two people’s heads, killing them, “Can you tell us what exactly they wanted?” The younger’s voice was firm, lacking his usual bubbly air. Hoseok frowned.

“They said shit I didn’t understand. That guy I–“ killed, “Anyway, he kept saying something about a butterfly, or rather the butterfly.”

The air suddenly tensed in the car, Namjoon’s shoulders visibly straightened, he could hear Jin’s sharp intake of breath traveling all the way to where he was sitting. What shocked him the most was the emotions he could not decipher that swam in Jimin’s eyes. The younger’s grip on Hoseok’s shoulder tightened and the slow movements on his thigh stopped, Jimin’s mouth was in a thin line, and Hoseok was not comfortable with this Jimin. He knew he didn’t know the boy for that long but the boy that is next to him now was not the same boy from earlier this morning.

“Who were they?” Hoseok broke the silence. Namjoon avoided eye contact and Jin didn’t bother answering. They sat in silence for a bit longer until he could feel Jimin relax next to him. The boy slumped in his seat, still supporting Hoseok.

“They are the bad guys,” he sighed. Namjoon and Jin both snorted at that.

“Jiminie, that’s fucking dumb to say considering,” Namjoon paused as he glanced a look towards Hoseok, “that we are also the bad guys.”

Jimin smiled knowingly and gently nudged Hoseok’s arm, careful not to hurt him. “Hoseok’s officially a bad guy too,” the boy said, smiling so wide that his eyes disappeared, “He killed someone today.”

Jin’s head whipped around from the front seat, “What? What did you say?”

“Fuck, Jin keep your eyes on the road,” Namjoon warned, unaffected by what Jimin had just dropped.

Hoseok’s eyes widened. Headache hurting more than his arm or bruised neck, he could feel the flush that plastered his golden skin from embarrassment. Not guilt. Wait what? He didn’t feel guilty at all, what the fuck Jung Hoseok?

The cold voice in his head started laughing at his sudden realization “I- I didn't kill him, I didn’t have a choice. It was self defense!” He said, he really didn’t have a choice. It was either that asshole or him. It grated him all in the wrong way. He literally just stabbed a grown ass man and used him as a human shield, so technically he didn’t kill him, that man’s stupid as fuck friend killed him. Hoseok nodded inwardly, accepting his argument in his head. He wasn’t a murderer.