memories

I'm so sorry this chapter took me a while to get out! Anyways enjoy! Hopefully the next chapter won't take me as long!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOPHIES P.O.V

"Sophie, Wake up! That boy is here" Grady shook me a couple times as my mind set to reality.

Panic shot up my veins as I registered that I accidentally took a nap. I looked like a huge mess. As I rubbed my eyes into focus as I realized Keefe was standing right next to Grady. Out of instinct I snatched my blanket and hide underneath it.

"Ughhh" I mumbled to myself.

Keefe laughed. "Foster, Foster chill out! You can never look bad, you know this already" I was glad he couldn't see me blush at the compliment. I rolled over still under the blanket to face him. 

"Fineee," I grumbled as I took the blanket off myself. I yawned still pretty tired. I was surprised to not see Grady. He probably left without me noticing.

"Did you have a long day? You usually never take naps..." Keefe sat on the edge of my bed.

"Eh, it was just pretty boring, I even almost slept in elvin history." I sat up trying to comb my messy bed hair with my fingers.

"Doesn't everyone wanna sleep in elvin history tho?" Keefe laughed. "Anyways get up Foster, lets have some fun!" Keefe grabbed my hands and pulled me out of bed.

''Let's not prank anyone Keefe" I suggested knowing that was what Keefe had in mind. I wasn't in the mood to get into trouble. I took my brush and started to comb the mess on my head.

"Are those all your human stuff?" Keefe asked pointing to the overflowing basket.

"Yeah they are" I walked over to check out what exactly was in the basket. It had been a while since I went through it.

"These are puzzles... I used to do them out of boredom. Usually most adults would take days to figure this out but I always did in under an hour" I explained as I picked up the 5000 pieced puzzle I got from Disneyland.

Keefe opened the box just enough to see the small tiny puzzle pieces. "I don't even think I can solve this Foster, and you did this while you were 5? You're truly amazing." Keefe gently laided the box on the floor.

I felt my cheeks blush at the compliment hoping Keefe couldn't feel that.

"What the heck is this?" Keefe asked as he grabbed a DVD of "The Little Mermaid".

"It's a movie. Its called..well, The Little Mermaid" I explained pointing to the title displayed on the case which made me question something I've never questioned before. "Wait, does the Elvin world have mermaids? Or even fairies?" As a little kid I absolutely loved both these fantasy creatures.

Keefe laughed. "Nope Foster, although I wish! But there's actually legends that say they've lived here before but other legends speak otherwise. No one really knows" He explained.

I was fascinated by this. "Woah I should look more into that." I made a note-to-self to see if there was any books about those legends next time I went to the library.

"My families photo album" Sophie muttered as she picked it up carefully flipping through a few pages.  "You know, it hurts thinking that I've never had a normal life or that I simply won't ever be "normal".

"Psh Sophie normal is overrated." He interrupted.

"I know but I'd kill everything to be normal. I'll always be the girl who was taken, the girl with tweaked DNA or even the girl with brown eyes. Just wait until they find out I have alicorn inspired DNA!" I sighed with the pain causing tears to drip from my face.

"But Sophie," He leaned a bit closer. "You are perfect just the way you are and trust me, nothing could change that. You're better than normal." The tone in his voice made my heart flutter some more.

I  leaned into the tight hug I needed. I couldn't help myself from whispering "Thank you, Keefe" into his ear.

Keefe let go of the hug as he looked deep into my eyes. "I love you Foster" he replied as he when back to hug me again.

 Without a warning I heard the door swing open which caused us to jump back parting ourselves from each other.