Prologue

A/N: Welp, this was done sooner than expected. But yeah, enjoy this and if you do, make sure to leave a nice little review to tell me what you liked. I look forward to writing further on this story, though it may be delayed thanks to my other and much more thought out project.

Beast Boy never thought he'd see the day.

Well, that was a lie, it was inevitable that one of the Titans would move on to bigger and better things. But it felt way too soon for it to happen. And even when he heard that one of the Titans was moving out, it didn't really strike him of what was happening until the sounds of a Tamaranean screeching in despair.

If it would be anyone, the changeling suspected it would be Raven. Maybe one of his pranks gone wrong would do it? A call from Hell would draw her back? Or even she would leave for Azarath. Or more recently, Cyborg, as the Justice League seemed to have great interest in his intellect at such a young age, as well as his handiness and more than once as he been caught chatting it up with members of the League in his room.

Instead, it was their leader, Robin. The Boy Wonder, the one who created the Teen Titans in the first place that had expanded from a 5-teen team into a teenage super-powered franchise that spread all across the worldwide, who were only surpassed in their powers and size by the superior Justice League.

Beast Boy remembered joking just months ago about Robin planning to ditch them after he started to grow out that jet black hair of his and almost disregarded his signature hair gel entirely. Little did he know what true that statement was, as Robin was now transitioning into 'Nightwing'. The same version of Robin Starfire saw when she went back in time after a battle with Warp.

Guess 20 years passed much faster than expected. A bitter thought crossed the changeling's mind.

Robin had also been thorough in making sure that after he left, the Titans referred to him as either Nightwing or 'Dick'. While Beast Boy sometimes thought of the Boy Wonder as a dick, he didn't think it'd be his actual name. In fact, ever since the battle with the Brotherhood of Evil, all Titans were forced to voice their civilian names which would make it easier to contact each other in case another situation like that ever happened again.

Robin's actual name was Dick Grayson, Cyborg's was Victor Stone, Starfire's was Koriand'r, which was simplified to Kori Anders, and Raven was just... Raven, though she had voiced interest in taking on the last name of 'Roth' if she ever need an actual civilian name.

And Beast Boy was forced to tell everyone his name was Garfield Logan. Cyborg's teasing of him resembling the orange cat in newspaper comics when he was transformed into a feline or after he shovelled down lots of pizza or candy was nearly unbearable for the first few weeks, while thankfully everyone else didn't seem to have to energy to tease him over it.

Thus, he just simplified it to a much more preferable nickname of 'Gar', which was an actual cool name and easy to say and not sound awkward while acknowledging the changeling, though only Raven called him by the nickname while most either still call him Beast Boy, BB, or sometimes in Cyborg's case, 'Grass Stain'.

Just over a year had passed since their trip to Tokyo, a moment where the Titans grew closer than ever. Robin and Starfire had finally acknowledged their feelings for each other and sealed their new relationship with a kiss in the rain after a long battle with Uehara Daizo. The changeling couldn't have written it any better than it was, and he thought that would keep them together for a much longer time.

Twas not the case, as Beast Boy stood in the Main Ops room, watching Robin talk with Cyborg. Victor had been assigned the new leader of the Teen Titans, a role he reluctantly accepted, but not one not deserved. The League was interested in him for a damn good reason, and that he combined brawn and brains so effortlessly, both in battle and in general day-to-day life. He had previously voiced a want to lead a team himself when Titans East was assembled, but ultimately stayed with the original cast of Titans, and that's where he's stayed since.