dress.

my current state was sitting on my bed, clothes spread all across my dorm room and silently freaking out while eating popcorn with layla.

  as soon as i was done with school i had called her, telling her to come over and help me find something to wear tonight. i was gonna go to bryson's party to get out and have fun, but mainly because i wanted to see ash again and pick up where we left off.

  my entire closet had been gone through and i still wasn't satisfied with anything i tried on. i was hoping to wear something that flattered my body, showing it off. my goal was to wear something that would make ash not be able to take his eyes off of me, but something he'd also be eager to take off of me. no matter how good i looked in it.

  layla had decided she would tag along with me and had already planned her outfit out. she was wearing a dark blue dress that fell above her knees with a pair of black heeled boots. i however, wasn't having any luck finding the perfect outfit. there were only two hours until 10:00 pm, which is when i would be leaving. i made the last minute decision to go to a store that was nearby and hope for the best.

—————

  we looked around the store and luckily, it didn't take me long before i found a dress i fell in love with. it was a dark red dress that fell halfway down my thigh. the dress fit me tightly around the upper part of my body, and flared at the leg. it showed off my body in all the right ways i was hoping for.

  zipping the back of my dress, layla handed me a pair of small heels and i put them on as i finished curling the last piece of my hair. i didn't put on lots of makeup, since i'd be sweating it off half the night anyway.

  after i sprayed the ends of my hair to hold the curls, we headed out of the door. i put the address into my phones gps and we were on our way to bryson's house. we listened to a playlist full of hype songs to kill time in the car ride there.

  pulling up to his house, we found a place to park and walked in the house with everyone else that was arriving. he had a fairly big home, two stories and it was very spacious. i had always wondered how younger people were able to afford having such nice houses this big and not have to be living with their parents. i'd hope to be doing that myself someday in the near future after college.

  me and layla both weren't huge on drinking. of course, legally we weren't supposed to consume any alcohol at all. everyone knows that people under the age of twenty one don't listen to that law anyway. personally, it took a lot to get me drunk. i had only ever been drunk once before and had never done it again. it wasn't really my idea of fun.

  layla was different from me in many senses, drinking being one. she would get drunk more often, even though she didn't drink that much either. she was more of a light weight when it came to alcohol.

  i couldn't decide on rather i should search for ash or if i should just hang out and hope he happened to run into me. deciding to go with the second option, i grabbed a coke from the kitchen and made my way into the living room with layla. it was overly crowded, more so than the rest of the house. as any other party, there were people spread across laps and games of truth or dare going on amongst people.

  i stood in the corner for about ten minutes sipping on the can in my hand before the familiar face i'd been waiting for walked in the room. he was wearing a white t-shirt that showed off all the tattoos on his arms. when i looked up, his eyes met mine and a grin spread across his face. he took a drink from the red cup in his hand and made his way over to me. once he had almost made his way over to me, i leaned against the wall with my shoulder and rested one of my heels behind the other.