Chapter 6 - Confessions

Back to Jasmine's POV

This morning was a little crazy. When Justin came up to me before classes started, it caught the attention of the students in that corridor. I felt extremely embarrassed but I knew now there was no going back to the girl I used to be at school. I was no longer that girl who could hide under the radar with her best friend. She was now going to be in the spotlight for as long as Justin kept talking to me and until something new happened in our school which would divert the attention. Even if I ignored Justin and told him to stop talking to me. He would continue to anyway, so there was no point fighting it.

School went by slowly but finally it was lunch. After lunch one more lesson and then home time!!!

Beth and I walked into the school's cafeteria and ordered our usual school junk. By that I mean horrible looking mash and a few sausages that had wrinkles on them from being so over cooked.

I still wondered why I even allowed myself to eat this food.

"I still do not understand as to why I eat this food" I said voicing my opinion to my friend.

"Yeah I do not know either. You know what maybe I could get my mom to pack us our lunches, she does know how to cook and obviously her food is to die for!" Beth said with a raised voice due to her excitement.

"Why did you only think of that now? Seriously Beth!" I said with slight frustration.

"It is not my fault! You could have thought of it too! You have known me since we were in diapers and you always loved my mom's cooking."

"True, I could have. Please though ask your mom to start as soon as possible. I don't know how long I can take this food for..." I replied.

The dreaded school bell rang... Ending the one part of the day that was enjoyable. Excluding the food obviously. During lunch allowed you to catch up and chat with your friends, without having to be shouted at by a teacher telling you to keep quiet. Plus there was sometimes a little bit of drama and a show put on. Free of charge!

Beth and I had finished our lunch. We started walking towards the exit, just before the doors we placed our trays on a silver trolly. Heading outside the cafeteria we started walking in a peaceful silence towards English. Our last lesson of the day.
It was peaceful until someone decided to ruin the peace.

"Heyyy Jazz!!" Justin shouted as he tried to catch up. It did not take him long considering he had to be seriously fit for his basketball games. He was the captain after all and needed to be a great role model to the rest of his team.

"Oh hey jerk, nice of you to grace us with your presence..." I said in a sarcastic manner as I trailed off, rolling my eyes in the process.

"My pleasure, sweetheart." He replied with a smirk.

"Don't go me that, jerk!! I am not your sweetheart!" I shouted. For a moment sadness flashed in his eyes. I had no idea why. Maybe I said something that reminded him of his past because I did not know what else it could have been. We had only known each other for nearly two weeks so I doubt it had anything to do with me.

"Let's make a deal then. You don't call me jerk and I won't call you sweetheart..." He trailed of yet he was still smirking, knowing full well that I could not go a day without calling him a jerk at least five times.

"You know I can't do that! That's unfair!" I screamed in frustration.

"Too bad, sweetheart." He responded with a wink.

I rolled my eyes. This week had only just started and yet I could not wait for it to end. Save me now, please, anyone?

"I'll see you guys in English, especially you my dear." He said looking into my eyes.