One

TAE'S POV

I was heading down the stairs after I got ready for school, as I reached the last few steps, I saw my step mother in kitchen making breakfast, the delicious smell of freshly made pancakes going up my nose, causing my mouth to water.

"Morning mom," I said reaching up to kiss her cheeks, giving her my infamous boxy smile. I then made my way to the fridge, opening it and grabbing a bottle of cold water.

"Morning honey, Did you finish your homework?" She asks as she turns her face to meet mine, raising her eyebrows slightly.

"Yes mom I finished it before I went to bed, don't worry," I said as I rolled my eyes, a grin placed on my lips.

"Hm.. good boy, I'm proud of you tae-" but before she could finish her sentence, my dad comes down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"H-hello dear.." my mother said through a unreadable expression, as he started to approach the dining table. He then sat down, his eyes were scanning the room until he finally met my eyes.

"What are you doing still here, you should be in school you lazy boy. I'm not paying for your education for nothing!" He started to shout causing both me and my mom to jump.

"Y-yes father, I'm just hea-"

" I don't need your excuses! "

"Honey! Please it's the morning, he's just a teenager!"

"Quiet somin! Don't pity him, he's nothing but a worthless piece of—"

"Junghyun thats enough, he's our son!" My mother yelled back furiously, hitting her hand on the counter, sending eye glares to my father.

I hurriedly made my way to the door as I heard my parents arguing.. again. It hurt knowing that I was the cause for them getting into fights, even if my step mother doesn't agree with me.

My birth mom had died in an accident after she went to get new diapers for me, a drunk driver reportedly hit her on a turn, both families lost someone that day. My father was broken after finding out that his lover had died in a car crash. He began to drink everyday not even thinking about the child that was watching him break in front of him.

He had stopped after a few months when he met my step mom. They fell in love and got married, yes I was still hurt about losing my mother but my step mother helped me get through it unlike my own father. In his eyes I was only a disappointment, the reminder of his once true love, who left him alone in this cruel world.

I made a promise to myself that one day I'll make my father proud of me, to be able to erase the vision he sees me in and renew the sight as a piece of his true love that's still with him.