Chapter 1

Krystl Pov*

"Hey uh Ash? Can you help to babysit Skylar for me pleaseeee? I really really need to finish this assignment it's like due tomorrow!" I said, talking on the phone with Ashley.

"Of course Krystl! I miss little Skylar anyways so take your time, I can babysit her for as long as you want" Ash replied, probably getting into her car because I heard a car door slam.

"Thank you thank you thank you Ash I love you see you later!" I exclaimed while grinning, knowing I can finally finish my assignment that Mr. Drew wanted.

"Love you too, bye!" Ashley exclaimed then hung up.

"Now Skylar, you have to be a good girl okay? Aunt Ash is going to babysit you while I'm gone, don't cause any trouble!" I told Skylar while getting ready to go to the cafe I really liked.

I wore a Beatles tank along with some jean shorts and put my hair in a messy bun.

Just after I finished putting on some makeup, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Who is it?" I yelled from my room, heading to the front door.

"It's Ash,"

I instantly opened the door and greeted by friend Ashley with a warm welcoming hug.

"Come on in," I said, letting go of her. As Ashley walks in, Skylar came running to her from her room.

"Skylar! I missed you baby!" said Ashley while picking up Skylar and hugging her.

Skylar giggled. She was two years old so she didn't really know how to talk yet. She does know how to run though.

"Anyways, I'll be heading out now, see you in a couple hours! Don't be troublesome okay Skylar?" I said, slipping on my checkered vans.

"She won't, she's the nicest kid ever aren't you Skylar?" Ashley said while tickling Skylar.

I chuckled softly. "If anything happens jist hit me up, I'm only one call away," I said quoting Charlie Puth, Ashley's favourite singer with a wink.

"Damn girl you slick," she replied, laughing.

I walked to the cafe because it was just right across my apartment.

Immediately right after I stepped into the cafe, the smell of freshly brewed coffee hit me. I really loved coffee. It helped me staying up when Skylar cried all night and evenwhen I had assignments to finish.

I ordered an iced caffè latte and a slice of cheesecake. After paying for my order, I went to an empty table and put my MacBook on the table.

I sat down and did my work in peace.

Suddenly, someone I thought I'd never see again appeared. "Great." I mumbled.

"Hey Krystl what are you doing here alone?" said Brandon.

Brandon. My ex-boyfriend. Also the father to Skylar. After I told him I was pregnant, he said that he couldn't handle a baby because apparently he was too young. Yeah true, we were young and what we did was stupid but just because I was pregnant doesn't mean he could just leave me like that. We could've taken care of the baby together ugh.

"Go away Brandon," I said, not looking up from my work.

"Aw, you're chasing me away? How sad. I was thinking maybe we could go to my house and you know, maybe have se-"

"Just go away okay?! You left me alone with Skylar then now you're coming back to me after two years, yes two years, asking me to have sex with you?! Are you out of your mind?!" I cut him off.

Now everyone in the cafe was looking at us. Great, I thought I came here to finish my assignment not receive limelight from strangers.

"Fine, fine! You'll regret this babe, if you don't feel regret now, I'll make sure you do!" he yelled, walking out of the cafe.

"Ugh why?!" I put my head on the table. Tears threathened to fall. I didn't want to cry, not in public.

I've tried to move on with Brandon. I was getting better but now this happened. It took two years for me to not even fully moving on Brandon. He was the love of my life, well at least I thought.

Three minutes later, I eventually ended up crying with my head on the table. I wasn't sobbing though, that would be awful.

"Hey uh excuse me but are you okay?" I heard a voice say.

I look up to find a good looking boy standing next to my table.

I wipe my tears. "Uh yeah I guess so," I said, avoiding eye contact as much as possible.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked politely.

"I mean sure but how would I know if I could trust you?" I asked back.

"You can trust me, I promise. I swear I'm not a bad guy, I'm not Voldemort okay," He said jokingly.

I chuckled at the Harry Potter joke he made. I nodded as a sign that I was okay with telling him about what happened.

"May I?" He asked, gesturing to the chair in opposite of mine. I nodded again. He pulled the chair and moved it so that it was on the side of the table.

"Jonah, Jonah Marais. Nice to meet you," Jonah said, giving his hand for me to shake.

Hi guys!! Thank you so much for reading this!! I promise to make more chapters.

( Special thanks to @apatheticwdw for making this first amazing chapter for me! GO FOLLOW HER ON I.G)😚😚🌹