Ch8~Leilani and Kimo's

Kaliah

"Why the face?" Deane Lee sked, bumping my shoulder.

I couldn't tell him that Leland's sudden change in mood had bugged me. Not unless I never wanted to hear the end of it at least.

"Just thinking about everything that's been going on." I play it off because technically, I wasn't lying.

He looked at me with a 'Do I look like an idiot' face and waited for me to continue.

When I didn't, he decided it was his chance.

"I see the way you look at him. It's the same way my dad looks at Beth." he smiles a little.

I blush and turn my head.

"I don't know what you mean." I deny it.

"Hey, Leland's not the only one around here who knows you pretty well. I know you, and the more you deny it, the harder it's going to be to accept." he stops walking for a moment, I follow suit.

"If I promise not to say anything to anyone will you at least admit it to me?" he looks me in the eye.

"Damnit," I mutter to myself, knowing that although he'll let it slip to someone eventually, I should at least be able to tell him.

"I think I might maybe have just a tiny little itty bit of feelings for him." I say quickly.

"For who specifically, I mean you could be talking about anyone for all I know." he chuckled. I slap his arm but take a deep breath.

"Leland. I like Leland." I roll my eyes and walk away quickly, getting to the driveway just after the car did.

"What took ya so long?" Leland says in his cheery voice, grabbing bags and his keys.

"Duane Lee was being an idiot." I shrug as I reach to grab a bag.

"Woah woah woah," Leland smacks my hand away "you shouldn't be lifting anything." he pulls me away by my arm, dragging me into his house with him.

"Seriously? I can't even get a bag of my own stuff?" I whine.

"No, the doc didn't even really want to release you yet, but I knew you wouldn't wait so we told him to lay down some rules and we'd keep you following them." he released my arm but I continued flowing him to what I knew was the guest room.

"It's right next to the boys' room, I know. But I can soundproof it or something like that." he says, placing the bags he held gently down onto the bed.

"You don't need to soundproof it, I love the boys." I laugh.

Beth and Duane Lee find their way in and set the remaining bags on the bed.

"You can unpack later, we're going to get some food in you." Beth says, motioning for everyone to exit the room and make our way back to the cars.

Apparently, Dog, Tim, Lyssa, and the other guy, who I later found out was Beth and Dogs nephew Justin, had made their way back to the house and were waiting outside.

Leland, Duane Lee and I took Leland's car while everyone else took the one they had been in.

We pulled into a fairly nice looking place, nothing fancy or anything but still nice. Leilani and Kimo's The sign was neon red with an orange border.

As we made our way in, some people came over, asking for pictures. I offered to take them, and the strangers eagerly handed me a disposable. One of the younger guys came back over to me and took the camera.

"So, what's your name?" he eyes me up and down.

"Kaliah, yours?" I answer, not wanting to appear rude.