*(Fate/Grand Order) Nero Claudius ; Fall*

Voiced by: Sakura Tange

Fate Grand Order. Pls don't mistake this one for the first OneShot about Nero in Fate/Extra. This is a different installment of the series we're talking about!

"You see, I was a previous student. In my student days, I encountered many of you when history is discussed with us before.... And honestly, some of you have sometimes scared me a little..."

The Roman Emperor (I rather call her Empress but Nero-chan might murder me if I will) sighed as she remembered the words of her Master. 'Tis true that she has a bad reputation when she was alive but...when she met her previous and current Master (which, she noticed, were sort of similar in terms of how they treat her - that is, in a positive light), she changed and her opinion about people changed as well.

Walking through the halls of Chaldea after their briefing for the next Rayshift (in which they said she was a vital participant), she keeps her thoughts on those words. She doesn't know what to feel because the words don't seem to come to her. Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus a.k.a. Red Saber a.k.a. Saber of Rome doesn't know if she would dislike Gudako because of that. After all, it is true. And she had no right to deny that.

"Oi! Nero!!" called a small voice from out of nowhere. Nero doesn't look up as she opens the door to her room and enters it, closing the door behind her. Whoever was following her wouldn't think to disturb the Roman Emperor when she had dismissed them. No normal human would do such a thing to someone such as Nero. That said, Nero sat down on her bed and laid down afterwards.

That said - once again - the door of her room opened and the smiling face of her Master greeted her "Yo! Let me come in~" Gudako said in a sing-song voice as she ran inside. "Gah! P-Praetor..." Nero exclaimed as she tried to get up. Her plan failed though because Gudako ran towards her and pinned her down, laughing like there's no tomorrow.

"It seems our roles had switched now." Gudako intoned as she smiled to the Saber underneath her. Nero inwardly smiles - well, it is true that she used to catch Gudako in such similar positions before. "Praetor..." she mumbled as Gudako's eyes started turn to serious.

"Why did you ignore me, Your Highness?" the teasing nickname made Nero blush and look away. Though Gudako didn't let her as she used her right hand to grab her Servant's chin and make her look at her "Don't avert your gaze, Emperor Nero..." Gudako says. Those gold eyes boring into her jade ones.

Their locked gaze kept on for who knows how long but Nero suddenly lost all the strength to resist her Master "S-Sorry, Praetor...it's just that I remembered that you were scared of some of the story of our lifetimes. And I thought..." Nero trailed off, unable to continue because of her Master's sparkling, mischievous eyes.

"Oh, that? Well, true, I AM scared a little. But now that I think about it," Gudako inched her face to hers, the Emperor of the Roman Empire blushed "P-Praetor..." as if expecting something, Nero closed her eyes. She felt something on her forehead, opening her tightly closed eyes, she saw that Gudako had kissed her forehead.

After that, Gudako rested her forehead on her Servant's "P-Praetor what was that so suddenly?" Nero asks, her face the same color as her dress "There was once a test that I would never forget." Gudako starts "Eh?" confused, Nero stared into her Master's closed eyelids.

"A question was there. It states 'The Emperor of Rome known for being a persecutor of the Catholic church and the Christians in general.' And, well, being that I didn't study for said exam, that one number was the one I didn't answer..." Gudako laughed a little.

Nero's eyes watered, remembering her lifetime. "But, you know," her Master paused as her eyes opened, lifting her right hand and wiping the tears from Nero's eyes as they still stayed like that - Gudako on top of Nero "At first, I did cringe when I knew who Nero Claudius was...but when I met you, well, let's just say...I changed my opinion of who you are..." Gudako says which made The Roman Emperor blush

"When I met you here, I instantly fell in love with you." Gudako confessed.

Nero turned redder than she already is. There was a long moment of silence as Nero let the confession sink in. Gudako, having misunderstood, suddenly faltered "Eh? D-Do you not..." she trails off when Nero smiles at her.

"I...love you as well, Praetor. Umu!!" her trademark tic made Gudako smile. Her Servant was back to her old self.

~fin~