Part 16: The Bigger Prize

Quick Author's Note: This is the last chapter! The ending is a bit rushed, but hopefully, you guys enjoy! There are 2736 words!

(Your POV)

"You're lying to me," I said to my dad in complete shock.

"What? No. Why would I be lying to you? Plus, I haven't talked to them or seen them in a while. It would be nice for you to finally meet them."

"I swear I love you, even more, every day," I said as I pulled my dad into a hug once again.

During the rest of the car ride home, I felt bubbly inside. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was going to meet the Avengers! Well, I am most excited to meet Thor. He has been my childhood crush since I first saw his appearance on TV. Actually, maybe not the first time I saw him. His bleached eyebrows were a turn-off.

"Also, (Y/N)," Dad said, "Please don't have any more boy issues. I'm tired of you getting in trouble because of boys."

"But, Dad, I'm a teenage girl. There is no way you can keep me away from my feelings."

"Feelings? I never allowed you to have feelings for boys," he scoffed.

I rolled my eyes, "You're so annoying, did you know that? Plus, I have my eyes on someone right now and you won't stop me from having crushes."

"Right now I wish I could press a button to make you shut up. Actually, I could probably make one," he replied sarcastically.

-TIME SKIP-

I sat in bed while I was doing my homework. I had some earphones plugged in and I was playing some tunes. Suddenly, there's some really loud banging on my door. I unplug my ears and get up to open the door.

"(Y/N)! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS DOOR I WILL CUT YOUR CREDIT CARDS!" my dad yelled from the other side of the door.

"Jesus, dad. It's not that serious. I was just listening to some music," I said annoyed.

"Okay, good. I swear if I somehow unlocked your door and walked in on you having sex, I would probably-" he started.

"EW! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?! IM JUST DOING HOMEWORK," I yelled.

"Oh," he says, "Anyways, the Avengers are here."

"WHAT?! OH MY GOSH YAY!" I yell, yet again.

My dad dramatically covers his ears. I don't care though. I'm gonna meet the Avengers. I'm gonna meet Thor!

I practically run downstairs to my living room to see the most beautiful sight I've ever seen: a room full of Avengers.

"Oh my god. It's so nice to meet you," I said as you shook Nat's hand. I made my rounds and met everyone there. But, I saved best for last.

"Lady, (Y/N). Nice to finally meet you," Thor said as he extended his hand to me. I practically could've melted right there. His accent is just so scrumptious.

"H-hi. Nice to meet you," I said. Man, I am so nervous. He's just so gorgeous that it's intimidating.

"Likewise," he said, "Your father has always talked about you. He said you're quite fond of me, actually."

"Oh... he did? Well, it is true, though. You're like so amazing and hot. I mean, no. Wait, yes. It's just you're older-. You're hot. But, um. You're too old for me. Sorry, what?" you say as you fumble on your words.

Thor lets out a hearty laugh, "Ah, lady (Y/N), you are just hilarious. But, please wait right here as I go get us some food."

He leaves and heads over to the kitchen. I watch him as he bumps into my dad and starts to have a conversation with him. It seems like I'm gonna be waiting a while. I don't mind, though. Anything for Thor.