Chapter 5: Breakfast

Prompto's excitement could not be contained throughout the morning. He even woke the sleepy young Prince by bouncing on the bed multiple times. Prompto was due to meet up with you for lunch and then embark on a trip around Altissia to practice some techniques, hence the extra energy.

Ignis took this as an opportunity to have a brisk walk around Altissia. Having gotten to know the streets quite well, he knew he only scraped the surface in terms of exploring the beautiful city. Whereas this time, he decided to let his legs lead him, only to find himself standing in front of Bertridges yet again. He hadn't intended on returning just yet, whereas deducted this was the perfect time to browse without you and the rest of the group present.

"Here again Ignis?" A male voice greeted right when Ignis had reached for the doors. Ignis looked to his right to see Alejandro walking towards the entrance.

"Hello, Alejandro. Yes, I am. I thought to visit without everyone watching me," Ignis greeted politely. Alejandro chuckled and clasped a firm hand on Ignis' shoulder.

"If you have some free time. Care to join me for a coffee?" Alejandro asked. Ignis really couldn't refuse the invitation, figuring it was another turn in fate had decided today wasn't his day to shop.

Alejandro quickly dropped off his shopping and led Ignis downtown. They ended up at the very same cafe you had taken the group when the imposter was harassing you. Ignis wasn't exactly sure why Alejandro had requested his company, but perhaps this was the perfect opportunity to ask the artisan how he went about popping the question to Margot.

"Care to share with me what's going through that brilliant mind of yours Ignis?" Alejandro chuckled.

"There are quite a lot of things, to be honest, Alejandro. I was hoping you could shed some light on a few of those things," Ignis chose to open up to Alejandro, also wondering what was going on in the wise man's mind on the situation.

"Oh? And what do you need light shed on exactly?"

"When do you know it's right?" Alejandro smiled at Ignis' question.

"Before I answer your question Ignis. Answer me this," Alejandro began, "What had you step into our boutique?"

"Maagho recommended your boutique to me. He explained your attention to detail was remarkable,"

"And yet, of all my designs you have seen, you were transfixed by the simplest of my designs," Alejandro chuckled, surprising Ignis again.

"Can I ask why of all the designs you have created, that one is the only one that doesn't belong to any collection?" Ignis asked Alejandro, who laughed at this.

"You are exactly as she describes you Ignis. Nothing truly gets past you eh?"

"I wouldn't say nothing," Ignis replied.

"That design was inspired by a beautiful young woman who told me of a story that to this day, I hope sees one new chapter of many," Ignis wondered whether he should press more, but thought against it and welcomed the distraction of the waiter speaking to Alejandro.

"I hope you don't mind. I ordered you a black coffee with only one sugar," Ignis blinked a few times, cursing himself in getting lost in his thoughts again.

"I take it (Your Name) told you?" He asked, receiving a simple nod from Alejandro in response.

"Correct. She mentioned you were quite the Ebony fan. I can only deduct that you prefer black with a small hint of sweetness,"

Some things just never leave you.

"Ignis. Can I ask you what is it you see in your current girlfriend?" Alejandro did not waste time getting to the hard-knocking question.