Chapter one

I was in a dark room. I don't know how I got here but now I'm here. I don't particularly want to be here so I guess I have to find a way out of this place. I took a beep breath hoping to clear my thoughts before I started my search for escape. Just then I heard a blood curdling cry. A screech so loud and heinous that I held the breath that I had took. There's was that horrid thought that came across my mind that I could very possibly be the next 'person' to scream my last. I stayed planted, unable to move a muscle. I just realized that the scream came most-likely from a woman. Unless a man could scream that high pitch. It also sounded as if it came from a few yards away.

        I was suddenly in survival mode. But I couldn't help but question myself. Where was I? Who was that that screamed? How did I get here? Was that woman screaming because something came upon her? All of these questions swarmed through my head as I began to plot my escape. My surrounding felt like I was almost in a cave of some sort. It felt hot and humid. The ground I was crouched on felt rough and dirty. Cave. I began to rock back and forth trying to comfort myself in the hope that I would stay calm and not freak out too much. I knew if I freaked out I wouldn't get out of here.

        Before I could even notice, "WOOOOOSH," something was coming toward me. I could feel it coming from the direction of the woman that screamed. Oh no, I'm going to die. Like really going to die. I got up from my crouch position and started to sprint. Sprint my freaking ass off.

        I ran on the rough surface trying to keep my breath steady, But it was all in vain. I knew that the thing that was pursuing me was quicker and more agile than me. I still ran. I knew if I was gonna go down I wanted to go down with a fight. You know, just to give some pride to my name. I was running so fast and my thoughts were also running so fast and not to mention you couldn't see a thing in this place that I just plain ran into the dead end wall and fell into precious unconsciousness.