Part 1

"Hey you." I breathed in the fresh and calming air as I walked up the steps with the cold evening wind blowing my red hair away from my face. The purple scarf around my neck kept me warm but chills still ran up my spine. It was fall and the red and amber leaves had begun to fall from the trees.

"Glad you finally made it." His deep voice spoke before I was engulfed into a warm embrace.

I leaned back and looked at the gorgeous boy in front of me. His dark hair was dishevelled by the wind and he wore a pair of sweatpants and a warm red sweater. "I was only gone for a little while." I rolled my eyes.

He grinned, showing off his dimples. "Yeah but I missed you."

"No, you just couldn't wait for me to get back so you could get your food." I raised the bag of Chinese takeout and he shrugged.

His mesmerising grey eyes searched my green ones and my breath hitched. Gently, his hands cupped my cheeks and he slowly leaned in. My heart began to race and I thought it was going to jump out any second. He leaned in closer and closer and my eyes fluttered shut. I gasped when I felt his warm breath close to my ear as he whispered. "It's cute when your cheeks go red from the cold."

My cheeks flushed and were probably a shade of scarlet by now. "Shut up, Nathan." I shoved him back to try and hide my embarrassment. "Let's just go inside already."

"Sure thing, princess." He smirked before throwing his arm over my shoulder and dragging me inside with him towards his dorm. We were now almost two months in with our second year of college and we had been friends ever since the start. He had been a real pain at first but then I got used to having him around.

We walked through the hallways before we reached our dorm rooms, which just happened to be right opposite one another's. I walked towards the door with the number 24 on it and unlocked it with my keys. "I'm going to go change my clothes." I called over my shoulder before walking in my dorm room and closing the door behind me. I sighed and walked towards my closet as I took my scarf off. I decided on a pair of my favourite fluffy pyjamas and just tied my red locks into a messy bun at the top of my head. I didn't bother with effort when it came to Nathan Clause. He had pretty much snuck into my room in the mornings only to find me in my messy beauty. In other words, he had seen me at my worst so it didn't matter.

Walking out of my room, I crossed over to the other side of the hall and reached the door with the number 26 on it. Not bothering to knock, I let myself in knowing it'll be unlocked. I walked in and the sound of the shower reached my ears. Shrugging it off, I went over to the kitchen counter and took the food out of the bag. I put it into two plates and set it in the microwave to warm it up one at a time. This was pretty normal for us since we had been doing this since our first year of college. I'd sometimes come over to his place to have take out or he'd come over to mine. To say that we were simply friends would be an understatement.

I heard the shower shut and a moment later the bathroom door opened to reveal a shirtless Nathan. His hair was still wet as he tried to dry it off with a towel. His muscles flexed as he did so and my eyes travelled down. He was fit, if I do say so myself, and he sure had nice abs. His sweatpants hung low and he had water droplets on his torso.

"Like what you see?" His arrogant remark broke me out my trance and I looked up at his face to see him smirking at me.

"I wasn't looking at you if that's what you think." I turned around as the microwave sounded and got out the plate before taking them over to the table.

"Oh, really? Then what were you looking at?" He came and sat down on the couch and leaned back with his arms spread across the back in a very casual manner.