The Letters

I ran home from the bus stop today. Even though camp is fun and all, nothing compares to getting the magical message that appears on the tv telling you to check the mail. And when you check the mail, a letter appears telling you the school supplies for the FF Academy. The FF Academy is a school for the Faë and Faëries. I'm a faëry that was born into a human family. Apparently my moms great grandmother was a faëry so that's how I became one. This year Olive is going to school with Caitlyn and I! I think, today we're supposed to get our letters. And if Oli gets one she'll come to school with Cait and I! This year is my 9th year going or the official name for my year, 5a. Cait is in 2b and Oli will be in 1a. I walked into the living room just as the tv turned black and said, CHECK YOUR MAIL. Oli, Cait, and I ran outside to the mailbox. I opened it.

"One for me," I say, "one for Cait." I frown at Oli.

"I'm so sorry Oli!" Cait exclaims then pulls Oli into a hug.

Did she? I get a message in my brain. I smile a little in Cait's direction and give a small nod. I lean down to Oli's level.

"Hey, you want to know some good news?" I ask her.

"Yes." Oli responds non excited.

"Here is your letter." I say as I slide the letter from my hand to hers. She smiled so wide.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" Oli exclaimed, running around the yard skipping and dancing just like a five year old does. But I mean, she is five.

"Thank you!" Oli hugs me. "I love you Thea!"