Leaving

I awoke the next morning while being blinded by the light filtering into the ship. Grumbling incoherently under my breath, I rubbed my eyes with the butt of my palm while sitting up. The blanket that had been on me slid off, and the chill reminded me that I was completely naked. Hearing that familiar chittering sound, I looked up to see Wolf walking into the ship with fruits in his arms before he dropped them in front of me.

  I felt my cheeks light up at the memory of last night, and I averted my gaze while the big guy crouched and picked up one of the fruits and bit into it. Covering myself with the blanket more, I reached for an apple and brought it to my lips.

  "Ship's done." That made me look at him and pause my chewing.

  "When did you finish?"

  "Morning."

  "....You going to leave after stocking supplies?" I questioned, and he gave a sharp nod. Turning back to my apple, I bit into it with sadness creeping into my heart. I didn't want Wolf to leave. I'd be stuck here again with nowhere to go. With everything of mine destroyed when the town was bombed, I had no papers and no belongings to be able to just move on elsewhere. I could always stay in the forest since there was food and fresh water, but I had no form of shelter nor the knowledge of how to make one.

  "Come with." Wolf purred while nuzzling my cheek.

  "What?! Are you serious?" I may have looked at him as if he was crazy, and he simply nodded. "But...." I trailed off while staring at him. He didn't seem to be joking. Throwing my arms over his shoulders, I hugged his large frame. "You're not just saying that because we fucked, are you?" Wolf made a noise similar to a scoff and shook his head. I couldn't help but laugh while feeling hope again.

✧☾✧

  "Wolf, this is only scraps and wires, where's the food? The water? You know, the basic necessities of life?" Digging through the boxes in the storage room, I couldn't find any of these things. I could understand having all of the spare parts in case the repairs didn't fully hold and he needed to make a quick patch, but we'd eventually starve or die of dehydration without food and water.

  Glancing back to the male as he brought in the last box, he waved me off as if I didn't need to worry about it. I furrowed my brows while letting the confusion show plainly on my face. It took a few seconds of him staring at me like an idiot before it hit me.

  "Ooooh...." My shoulders slumped. If his ship traveled like human ships did, he would have more than likely died before reaching Earth with the sheer distance that was no doubt present between our planets. His ship probably had a hyperdrive-like function, and that was why he wasn't worried about food because we'd be at our next destination much faster than I had thought.

  Following him out of the room, he went to sit in front of the control panel that was covered in symbols I didn't know nearly anything about. He had taught me a few of them, so I at least knew what a handful of them were.

  Sitting in one of the extra seats as the ship's door closed, I felt a spark of excitement about what was to come. The ship slowly rumbled to life while Wolf was pushing buttons and looking at various display screens. Chewing on my bottom lip, I knew nothing else was tying me to Earth, and I wasn't going to lie, I had grown affection for the alien man over the past few months. Hell, 'affection' was an understatement- I had fallen in love with him.

  The anthropologist in me was simply curious about his kind and culture, but it became deeper than that as time went on. And I guess it was sort of the same on his end as well, and all of that sexual tension I thought I had imagined was in fact real; proven by last night at the lake.

  Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes as the ship lifted off the ground. This was it. This was a new chapter in my life.

✧☾✧

The Leila series continues with Book Two; Leila of the Predators