Chapter 1: I Don't Know

Tobias' POV
It had been a long day so far. I got the news that Uriah had been in a horrible house fire, and had no chance of making it through. Basically, he's brain dead.
Then, I called Tris. And I'm glad I did, because she definitely cheered me up. Until I heard the deafening sound of a car crash. And her bloodcurdling scream. Now I'm in the ER, watching as the doctors rush to save her. They're hooking her up to oxygen and all these other machines that have uses I didn't even know possible.
Maybe if I hadn't been on the phone with her, providing a distraction, then she wouldn't be in this position. But it's too late now. What's done is done.
All I can do now is hope that the only family I truly have left will survive unharmed. But will that happen? I don't know.
++
Tris' POV
I don't know what's happening. I feel sharp pains, which are slowly fading, and I can't even open my eyes. It's like I'm stuck, stuck in a deep, deep sleep. Maybe that's the real reason why I'm in this state. But I'll never know until I wake up. But the problem is, I don't know when that will be. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, maybe next week, or next month, and next year is a possibility too. Although it pains me to say, or at least think, it, I may never wake up. If that happens, I lose everything.