The Story Begins

CHAPTERS:

The Story Begins

The Bed

The Shadow

The Land of Nightmares

Got Out

Another Night

Got Lost

Stranded

Revealed

The End

The Story Begins

      Hello my name is Neil Thomlinson. I'm 16 years old and I'm from Kremington. It's a small town with hollow houses and tender winds, pushing dust into your eyes. I don't typically share my thoughts to anybody else because of.. you know.... nobody's always there for me. I think you wonder what my story is? But if you don't want to be scared  at night, don't read this. Because it still haunts me in my dreams till this day.

       It happened four years ago.   

     The day was clear with warm air. I enjoyed it with my friends at school. The place was filled with people laughing and sharing their hugs. The end of my day had been great. I went home to find my mom and dad eating and watching some lame tv show. I said, "I'm home mom, dad". They looked at me with a smile and offered me a seat between them. The food was great. I went to bed early that night, not wanting to waste my time a little bit more. My assignments will just have to wait in the morning cause I really need my sleep.

     The night was filled with cold air and it surrounds my room. The night was young and the clouds were present with matching stars in the sky. The dogs were howling, creating a lovely sound. I took my bath and fixed my bed. I'm really tired and my eyes were heavy. I picked my pillow and straightened my blanket then I slept. 

      I awoke in the middle of the night to a creeking sound coming from somewhere. I thought it was just a branch being pushed by the wind outside my window. But, I just ignored it anyway. When I was about to go back to sleep, I heard that sound again. I was so irritated so I looked outside the room and outside my window. Nothing. I looked under my bed and saw a crack underneath it. My irritation was gone because I already know where it was coming from. After that, I jumped back to my bed and made it slightly move. Then, it broke.

      BAM!

     Mom and dad were alarmed by the loud sound made by the bed. They went up as fast as they could and picked me up tenderly while asking about what happened. I told them that my bed had a crack underneath. They told me that maybe it was because of its age. They told me to sleep in their room and that we will just buy a new one the next day. As suspected, their room was clean and good compared to my den. Mom prepared the bed while dad went outside to drink a glass of water. Afterwards, mom instructed me to sleep in between them. I was quite squashed because of their sizes. Well, who cares? I was able to sleep peacefully. 

     The chickens were crowing and the sun was already rising when I woke up. The morning wind was soft and warm. A new day has just started. Breakfast was cooked by mom. I saw my parents eating. Mom invited me to eat, and I joined. When dad was done, he bid us goodbye and left. Mom told me to get myself organized for school. I forgot to do my homeworks so I got zero in all of my subjects. Nice.

      My day was kinda horrible but I was still excited to go home. We were going to buy a new bed.