The Bed

The Bed

         Mom and I were just waiting for dad. The sun was beginning to set and the young night was already sneaking through tthe orange horizon. Finally, dad came home and told us to prepare.  He went back to the car and started the engine. We changed our clothes, and excitement filled me. My new bed was going to be in my room in just  a couple of hours. What could be more awesome than that? 

        My dad drove to a block of the city where we could find a cheap bed. We parked the car near a weird shop. An antique shop with orange-themed things and old-fashioned stuff. The store was full of junks and I wondered what they were planning to give me because, "What are we doing here?", I asked myself.

         Dad opened the door.

        "Hello is anybody here?" my dad shouted. An old man with a shaggy beard came out of the wall of junks. Dad asked if there was a cheap bed that we could buy. The oldman replied, "Yes sir, I have one here, but it's already old. Well, don't think like it won't last for years because that bed is as strong as ten people combined." "Let's see that bed," my dad said. We walked through the hall of old things and junks. A little white stuffed-animal caught my attention. I think that was created during the time of.... I dunno. Well, I had to run to catch on. We found the bed. And to my surprise, it was so beautiful. The details were perfect for a boy ike me. It was so soft. It was so good that I already wanted to have it. I still don't know how it was able to survive for centuries. 

          My dad asked for the price. The old man with the shaggy beard told us that we could get it just for 20 dollars. Dad made the deal, and it was a "yay" for me. After seeing the bed, I wondered why it only costs 20 dollars. But I told myself, "Shut up. It's just a bed. Duh." When Mom and Dad were working together to get the car inside the trunk, the old man appeared. "Beware of the dreams you might find wonderful. Protect yourself through imagination," he said. The old man went back inside.

          The cold air was beginning to get stronger. Dad drove fast because we thought it would rain. Well, it didn't. The night was clear again and the air was still. I opened the door, making way for them to get the bed inside without ruining the doorway. As soon as they were able to put my spectacular bed inside my room, I was no longer troubled about what the old man said. When we were done, mom told me to take a shower first. I rushed to the bathroom and wasted a couple of minutes before turning on the shower. After I put on my pyjamas, I went back to my room as fast as I were able to.  It was so exciting. I immediately turned the lights off.

           Unfortunately, something happened.