Great Minds

Diavolo's POV

I slam my fists against the table..this was the third dead end in three weeks! Where could he possibly be keeping her?!

I look around at the remains of today's hustle..Dom's workers were loyal, smart, intuitive and working well but boy are they messy. My house looks like a war zone and still even with everything that we have been doing nothing! Like she's vanished in thin air!

"How did you manage to get this old of a cognac!" Dom yells coming out of the kitchen with glasses and the bottle from somewhere in the house that I've forgotten about..
I scowl, they've also been raiding everything which was fine but missing the point. Now that everyone had left and it's just me and Dom I feel more anxious and stressed.

"Lighten up son! He couldn't have gotten far" he says sitting down and serving himself a cup he serves another and passes it to me. I down the drink and pass the cup for another.

Drinking was the only thing keeping the edge off and I wasn't going to pick up smoking...

"Actually I think we've been searching too local..we might have to think bigger picture like out of the state or even the country possibly!" I say grabbing one of the unmarked maps.

"wow lei deve essere una bella ragazza!" (wow she must be one beautiful girl ) He exclaims chuckling that deep awful chuckle of his.

"non stuzzicarlo! certo tu non sai nulla dell'amore" (do not tease him! of course you know nothing about love) I turn to see my mother enter with a bag of groceries. Great if things couldn't get any worse..

"Aye standing right here! mamma! basta con lo shopping in ritardo!" (Mom enough with the late shopping!) I say this for her own good but geez you couldn't keep her in the house even if you chained her down.

"Oh stop that! Some of us are old and want enjoy whatever left we can!" Dom drinks to that and I scowl.
"You find joy in grocery shopping?!" I ask and she shrugs leaving to the kitchen.

I take a seat on the couch and find myself struggling to wrap my head around anything.
"Well maybe if we figure out his motive Diavolo we can know where he is" this clicks and Doms right butt why else would he need her but to hurt me?

"What's so special about her?" I ask saying it aloud.
"Well she means something to you! Which I told you from the beginning is a bad thing! You Hitman's only end in two ways so young and so dead you can't see the future or so dead and so old you forget the past!" He's obsessed with that twisted saying. But I keep thinking my mind going over it and over it.

"Wait! She has no memory!" I say
"And?"
I roll my eyes.
"Well if she doesn't have memory can't he I don't know use her for..."

"Diavolo stop your hurting yourself and me in the process...all I gather is this chic is super hot, crazy smart and talented, no memory and has depression"
"No she has insomnia" i correct him and she shrugs.
"Potato potato! If I was him I'd turn her into a Hitman! Hell she sounds like the perfect person since she's not gonna live long, has room for new memories and-"

"Will listen to whatever they tell her!" I shoot up instantly.
Could he really do that to her?! What a horrible process!

"We can't let him Dom! She isn't strong enough physically for what they'll do to her..she'll die because of her sickness!" I stress my hands shaking and aching to bash something. I have to find her! I can't let him do what he did to me to her!

"And the only reason your considered the best all over the world is because you were the most brutally trained in fact I'm surprised you can feel at all...what we did to you Diavolo was beyond wrong..." he drifts off his eyes fool of remorse and sorrow. He administered most of my training and I know he hated it because they pushed me farther than anyone and afterward he quit cause he refused to do it to anyone else..

The torture

The pain

The memorization

The beatings

The suffocation

The intoxication...

I'm not sure if I'm more afraid she won't make it or that she will.

He comes over to me and places his hands on my shoulder.
"Now listen and listen to me straight boy! You gonna relax and your gonna find this girl.. or all hell is gonna break loose! Use that great mind of yours..you weren't bred for panic attacks now get to cracking"

Somehow I know he's right and I set on work right away. Not a minute can be lost.

And he helps because great minds think alike.. and he is one hell of a great mind.