Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Visit

Hola! So I'm seriously slacking because writers block is the worst and apparently is not a respecter of persons and plagues me might and day. Also I hate this chapter name because it reminds me of that one scary movie so if you think of a better title that starts with "the" let me know ;)

Mood: ugh.

Moving on.

* * *

[UNEDITED]

[UNEDITED]

As the weekend passes, Sunday rolls around and I can't help but feel like I need to go see Rebecca.

When Will told me about her change of treatment I felt his hope and his fear. His fear to hope and be disappointed and his hope of finally having his mother back.

We're blessed that it's only been a year because I know there are many people who battle cancer for years on end. Though she still hasn't reached the end of the journey, I suspect it's coming soon. Whether the ending is good or bad...I don't know.

I am praying and believing that Rebecca will recover and be reunited with her family back and normal life once again. I know it's not the same when her son and parents only see her during the limited visitation hours and some late nights.

Anyway, I've been itching to see her and talk with her since Friday night so after church today, I hopped in my car and started driving.

The hospital isn't very far so I make it there in less than twenty minutes. The last time I saw Rebecca, I talked with her about Will. She's one of the first to know the truth and the only one who really laid the truth out with no mercy.

She really got my thoughts going on how I felt about Will and she challenged me to dig deeper into myself to find out how I really felt.

"May-Bee." Rebecca grins as I stroll into the room, a bounce in my step showing my obvious excitement.

I try not to focus on how frail she looks in her hospital gown, the pale green color of it washing her out like pastel paint being watered down.

Her bright hazel eyes fill me with warmth and welcome as I sit down in the chair next to her and take her hands in mine. "How are you?" She asks me.

I want to tell her all about I'm in agony waiting for Will to be ready to be with me and that I wish more than anything that she was better and back home with us. But I can't because this isn't about me or what I want. This is about her getting stronger with encouragement and being happy today. I don't want her to feel worse than she already does.

"I'm really good. I'm happy to see you." I sigh slightly with a soft smile, squeezing her hands softly.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you and your beautiful face." She says softly, "I miss seeing you every day. But I'll be out soon and, before you know it, it'll all be even better than before."