Charlie's Visit

the next morning i woke up from the sound of amber's friend, charlie, knocking vigorously on our door. i answered the door, as charlie urgently asked, "is amber awake?" with no reply, i brought him into our room to wake her up, then went to get breakfast. as i was eating i could hear the mumbles of charlie and amber talking. a few minutes later they walked out, amber saying to me, "andri, charlie and i are going out into the woods. we want to try and find the wolf." i found what she said shocking, since she was the one most terrified of the wolf. but i wasn't going to let her do it. "amber, wait! you can't go in there alone." "charlie is here. i'm not alone." i rolled my eyes. "i mean you two are just kids. it's too risky." amber sighed. "fine, we'll stay around here." i still could hear them complaining while they walked out the door.

3 hours later, mother finally woke up. she had always been a late sleeper. "good morning, ann. where's amber?" we all slept in the same room, so we would always know if someone was gone or already awake. "she's outside with her friend." charlie was always like a relative to us all. though he was poor too, slightly more than us, even, he always brought us some leftovers from dinner. he even comes to our vacations. which aren't very much for a getaway, unless you call every 5 years going to the little rock cafe 17.4 miles away for breakfast, lunch and dinner paradise, then it's nothing.