Chapter 33

Jessie

While everyone else is in school, I hang out with the doc and her guys as they scout the tunnels and talk to various people. It is really boring except the fact that I get to hang out with the doc and get to look at Ashley, who likes to be called Ash.

Like clockwork on Thursday, I receive a text from Bennie telling me of the fights being held this weekend. Apparently, there have been some international interests in the fights after the last tournament, everyone wants to be seen by the UFC scouts. The text said that this weekend would be the girls and light weight guys and next weekend would be middle and heavy weights.

When I see Dean after school, I ask him if he received the same text and he did. The thing that is interesting to me is that after the incident we had with the gang members there is suddenly interest from international fighters. I know from Alexs work in South Africa that there are slaves all over the world that are forced to fight. My thinking is that once Malachis guys informed him I was still alive and that there were fights being held in Vegas, he spread the word to his network of owners so that he could blend into the crowd better with all the new faces.

It wasnt long after receiving the text on Thursday when my phone rang. I was headed to the basement to work out while the doc ran some errands, she left Ash at the house with me. When I saw it was an unknown number, I froze. I wasnt sure what to do. I guess I figured when the call came, I would be with the doc and she could take it. I never thought I would have to talk to him. Oh well, I guess I have to suck it up and answer, Hello, who is this?

Hello, Jessie. I think you know who it is. How has your week been without your lovely girlfriend? Malachi says and then he laughs.

You asshole, you better not have laid a hand on her! I will kill you

He interrupts me, Now, now there is that anger and fire! Listen to me and listen good, if you want to see your dear Izzy alive again

My turn to interrupt, I will kill you if anything happens to her! Do you hear me?

Shut up and listen child! Im sure you received the text about the fights on Saturday, word is that you dont fight anymore. That is about to change. You will enter the tournament on Saturday and you will win, otherwise bad things with happen to poor Izzy. Do you understand?

Why? Why do you want me to fight so bad? You already know what I am capable of.

Wrong, I knew what you WERE capable of. Word is that after the fight with Mendez, you lost your memory. I want to see if you remember your training or if I will have to teach you all over, once I have you back.

Two things; one, I still know how to fight. Trust me. Two, you will never have me back!

Oh, I will have you back and I want to see with my own eyes that you are still worthy.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about but if you want me to fight, I need for Izzy to be there. I need to see her with my own eyes and make sure she is okay.

Well, I see that you have an even bigger attitude now that you have been away for a while. I will have to address that once you are back with me. You forget your place, you do as I say not the other way around!

I cant help but laugh, This is not Africa and I am not your slave! Here in the real world, that is not how we do things. People dont just do what you say. Im not going to just do what you say anymore, either you bring Izzy to the fights or I will not fight. Do you understand?

I see lots of punishment in your future my dear, Jessie, and you will do as I say. Be at the fight one hour early so we can chat, and I will bring your girl. Come alone or I will kill her.