HORRIBLE CGI

Hey there hunnies, ya girl is back for more rants about Filipino Television Clichés after literally 84 years!

Today, I'm here to talk to you about;

Computer Generated Imagery, or what we all call it; CGI.

Ah yes, the long lasting argument about how CGI should be done.

Now we've all seen good CGI. *cough* Literally every marvel movie ever *cough* except for fantastic four of course. Let's never talk about fantastic four.

Good CGI is when you forget you're staring at something that will never be possible in real life, and good CGI is when you watch something and you're at the edge of your seat, worrying for the precious lives of the actors on screen while they fight off huge evil monsters with horns and shit; BECAUSE IT LOOKS FUCKING REAL.

Now, bad CGI is the complete opposite of this sensation of immersion. Don't me wrong, the CGI in Justice League isn't the best, but at least it's something we can all dig. This crap however, is something else.

Earlier today I was lazily scrolling through my facebook feed feeling dead inside because I have writer's block, when I came across this meme page which posts funny, and sometimes offensive shit. Letting out a few laughs from their posts, I noticed they posted something about GMA's current fantasy series "Victor Magtanggol"

Before I begin, I have a lot of things to say about this show.

The moment the teaser was released, I thought it looked like shit, and the entire thing was another bad attempt of GMA to compete with the success of ABS-CBN's primetime shows. I mean, fine the whole concept is unique and it has never been done before in Philippine television, and it ties in perfectly with the rocketing fame of Thor: Ragnarok (A legendary film btw) I thought maybe it wouldn't turn out so bad?

Thor looked like it was in it, Loki was in it too even though they fucking ruined him because he looks like shit and it's disrespectful to the character because he was literally just murdered by thanos in infinity war, but anyway. I looked forward to it to see, but I was never actually going to be an avid fan.

I haven't been an avid fan of anything in Filipino TV since the first ever Encantadia ended, my seven year old self fucked with that shit I played it in the streets with my friends.

Back to what I was saying; In case you're wondering, I don't watch Victor Magtanggol. I would never let my eyes see such a disgrace. But I made the mistake of watching one episode because my mother wanted to check it out and I was forced to sit in front of the tv and pray that it just ends soon.

I have a lot of things to say about this series. Long story short, it's shit. There are a few good things about it like the acting of some actors, but the rest is just cringe.

They changed the entire mythology of Thor and everything? I thought he would be in it, but he wasn't? Like the least they could do is give him justice by putting someone in to play him, but no they don't fuck with that. They want Alden to be the star, and they don't even cast Maine as the significant other what a shame.

Apparently; Loki, and the other dude I thought was Thor are the children or Thor and Sif????????

What???????

????

Seriously my mother and I were confused because ?????

What the fuck GMA? Seriously ano to I don't know what the fuck is happening? At sa lahat ng pwede nilang icast si Andrea Torres pa talaga like, what requirment does she have to play Sif? Hindi siya magaling umarte, the only thing she can do is show TV her cleavage and dance I'm so disappointed. I don't have anything against her, but if you can't do a fantasy series correctly, just don't.