Preface

Hey guys. It's been a while, huh? I'd venture to say that the majority of my followers don't even use Wattpad anymore, and if they still do, are probably not interested in this content anymore. I'd first like to thank all of you for your support and encouragement when I first wrote Thick and Thin six years ago. A lot of things have happened since then. I've grown up, gotten a job, bought a house, and got engaged. As much as it saddens me to say it, I've barely written anything in the time I've been gone. In the chaos of adulting I guess I just lost my passion for it. One thing that hasn't changed though is my love for Brooke and all of the other characters in this series. I never stopped thinking about her and wondering what she'd be up to now. 

       With that being said, I've decided I want to pick up writing again. It's the only thing I've ever really been good at and I think it's really important to nurture our creativity as we get older. It's always been my dream to publish a work of fiction, perhaps fantasy. My skills are rusty though, and I figured what better way to ease myself back into writing than retelling a story that so many people loved, myself included? I must admit it feels a bit strange to be writing fanfiction at 26. I do still love Avenged Sevenfold and they'll always hold such a special place in my heart but I've sort of outgrown the obsessive teenage phase. I look back on my old writings and can't help but cringe a little inside, but I think my being older now will contribute to the story in a positive way. 

       As I mentioned in the beginning, I'm sure most people who read this story originally aren't here to read it again and that's okay. It would be really cool if some of them did return and see how much the story has changed as I've gotten older, but I'm looking forward to reaching a new audience as well. For those of you who don't know, Thick and Thin is a story I wrote roughly six years ago. It was pretty popular at the time and I'm forever grateful for the love it received. I don't even know if people - particularly Avenged Sevenfold fans - still read fanfiction nowadays. But I'm doing this for me, and it'll be awesome if some of you join me along the way. 

       I do want to mention that there will be some pretty heavy topics in this story. Returning readers might remember that the main premise of this story centers around Jimmy's death, and his cousin Brooke trying to come to terms with Arin taking his place in the band. It discusses drug addiction, abusive relationships, racism, homophobia, and other issues that many real people still face in today's society. I want to make it clear that I mean no disrespect towards anyone in this story, and that the story itself is entirely a work of fiction using some real people as characters. Without giving too much away, there is a character struggling with drug addiction in the story who, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't face these struggles in real life.  The last thing I want to do is defame or disrespect anyone, so I cannot stress enough that the story is entirely made up. 

       Whether you're a new or returning reader, I hope you enjoy the story and recognize the special place in my heart that it's held all of these years. I can't thank you enough for your support, truly.