Chapter ғσυя

[Unedited]

The young blonde vampire hastily made her way into the Grill, unusually late. She was always the first to arrive when she made plans with her friends, but not today. Caroline spotted Bonnie, Elena, and the Salvatore brothers at their usual table. She dropped down in an empty chair with a huff. "Sorry I'm late, but you'll never guess who showed up at my house." She tucked a stray piece of hair out of her face, not waiting for her friends to answer before mumbling Klaus.

"What did he want this time, to come beg you for a date?" Joked the older Salvatore brother.

Caroline shook her head, waving him off. "Actually, he wasn't there for me. He came to see my mom." She replied, seriously.

Everyone at the table sat up a little straighter at the mention of the devil himself. Stefan was the first to speak. "What was he there for?"

She shook her head. "I'm not actually sure yet. My mom tried to send me away to talk in private, but you know." Caroline said, pointing to her ear. "He was asking her about some girl named Audrey. Apparently there is something special about her, according to my mom. I didn't really stick around that long in case Klaus sensed I was there."

Elena tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean 'special'? You think she's a supernatural?" She inquired, glancing at the Bennett witch.

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows. "She couldn't be a witch, I would have been able to detect her. Maybe she's a werewolf he's looking to turn into a hybrid. I mean, we don't know for sure he doesn't have any more of Elena's blood." She theorized.

"If he had any more blood left, he wouldn't be trying to track down one specific wolf. No, he wants her for something else." Stefan said, adding his two cents.

Carrying another tray of drinks to the table, Matt placed them on the table. "He wants who? Who are you guys talking about?" He asked. The place wasn't particularly crowded at the moment so he could spare a couple minutes. Pulling up an extra chair, the blond haired human took a seat.

"Only the infamous, Klaus of course. He's after some girl named Audrey, whoever she is." Said the young blonde vampire, rolling her eyes.

Matt furrowed his eyebrows as he thought back to a couple of days ago. "Oh, he was in here a couple of days ago talking to her. She didn't seem in distress or anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't catch anything they were talking about since my shift was just beginning by the time she left."

Damon looked at the human, bugging his eyes out. "Whoa hold on there! You know who she is?"

The group turned to him expectantly. "You guys are kidding, right?" When no one spoke up, Matt rolled his eyes and continued. "She's the blind girl who moved here with her grandmother a few years back. From what I know, she doesn't get out much. No wonder you don't know who she is. The only reason I know any of this is because she comes in here sometimes and we chat a bit."

Damon shot back the last of his whiskey and slammed the glass down. "Well I think it's time we introduced ourselves to little miss Audrey and see what she knows. If Klaus wants her, that means he's definitely up to something and I'm not going to wait until it comes back to bite us in the ass." Everyone nodded their heads agreeing, except Stefan and Matt. The latter didn't think it was a very good idea getting involved, but he knew no one would listen so he kept his mouth shut. Matt actually liked Audrey despite what people thought of her. However, the former didn't want to get involved if Damon was leading this crusade. Stefan knew the success rate of his brother's plans were about fifty-fifty and although some of them worked out, others didn't go down so well.

~ ~ ~ ~

Niklaus paced back and forth along a row of tombstones in the cemetery. It was five past noon and Audrey was nowhere in sight. He had been up half of the night in his study painting. He didn't have anything in particular in mind when he began, but as his brush stroked across the canvas, the outline of a girl took shape.