Chapter 2: I Like You

Next day came and actually, I do not want to go to school. Who is the one who want's to come to school if you know that you will see the person you do not want to. Unfortunately though, I don't have any choice. Even though I'm lazy, my human alarm clock will still crave for me.

"Andrea, wake up! You're late!" My mom shouted. I though, I can still extend my sleep for a few minutes. But the next thing I knew, my mom shake my bed.

"Wait! Mom! I'm getting dizzy!"

"I said that you wake up!"

"Can I not go to school?" I ask with matching cute face even though I know what she will answer.

"No! You're not allowed! Your father is suffering from work then what? Are you lazy to go to school? You said you will graduate with honors. How would you do that if you will do not go to school?" my mother was jumping straight to my question. I just ask but the length of her litany. It is still too long to pray during Holy week. Since I have a lot of fate, I get up and go straight to the bathroom. When did the world overwhelm me?

Because I was very lazy to go to school, I just missed my action. Some shouts and complaints that I heard from my mom because of the time. I was in the bathroom but I just ignored her. The usual 15 minutes in the bathroom became 30 minutes longer. When I opened the door, my mom looked at me badly.

"Hurry up! You're late!"

"This is it!" I have a weak answer to my mother, and then I got up and then left the house. I just did not have breakfast so I could not hear my mother's sermon.

When I entered the school, I went straight to the swimming area. Since were not classmate, I've enjoyed my first subject. Everything went smoothly. No problem and no stimulation. I believe myself that it will be okay all day. I still smiled when I went out of the swimming area to go to my next class. But a few steps I can take into our classroom, my smile is gone. Suddenly the person I did not want to see was emerge.: Josh.

"What are you looking at?!" I ask to him. It's the only thing I've ever had before. but sometimes, It's just the way it works. Maybe it's not just that he is accustomed to having a woman like me to answer him badly.

"Who is the one who said I were looking at you?" he ask. A little too defensively.

"I'm just the one who here." Josh stopped because of what I answered. Since he did not answer my comeback, I thought it was safe to leave him to the are, but I'm wrong.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" he ask while holding my wrist. I looked at him gripping my wrist. Actually, I do not know what to do first. Because I can not decide, I chose to do both.

"Going to my next class, why do you even care? Let me go!" I tried to remove his grip to my wrist but no to avail. He furt/'her intensified his grip on it.

"Why do you have to make things so difficult? You're the one I've got to focus on, and you're just like that?" he said to me and I actually had to stop myself from laughing. Who is he supposed to think of? Do you think he wants everyone to notice him?

"Who else says that you notice me? I didn't even ask for this. I do not remember that I sign up a sheet for this." Josh laugh of what I answered. I don't if I'm glad that I laugh like someone like him, or I'm angry because he's not serious about what I said. When he stop laughing, he looked at me and said "Get ready! I'll make sure to make your life a living hell." never in my life did I imagine to be close to him. sure, there was in couple of times that we're been classmates but that was it. I do not want to get into trouble. I made myself believe that when like Josh comes into my life, it will be too bad. So, I'm doing everything I can, not get close to him. I remain neutral and under the radar. But then, all my efforts were now put into waste. He has pierced himself in my life and my theory when I was a kid was proven right----- Josh brought nothing but trouble.